Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
There is always work. I'm a chef. Always construction, especially since Maria whomped us so badly. That was horrific and the scariest night of my life. I think we have a storm coming now.

I always say that the people here are the most polite rude people in the world. haha.

Life is simple here and you have to get use to going without stuff. There's definitely an air of roughing it here. I like that though.
I'd love to be a chef, but I don't have time for the formal training and when I retire, I think the age of 48 will be a bit late. I may see about getting on with a boat towing operation like Tow Boat U.S. or Sea Tow. It's busy work but I was meant to be out by the water. I've also considered bring over a decent smoker and selling low and slow BBQ and bottled beer from a plywood shack. :D
Sponsored

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
I'd love to be a chef, but I don't have time for the formal training and when I retire, I think the age of 48 will be a bit late. I may see about getting on with a boat towing operation like Tow Boat U.S. or Sea Tow. It's busy work but I was meant to be out by the water. I've also considered bring over a decent smoker and selling low and slow BBQ and bottled beer from a plywood shack. :D
People do it, that's for sure. You can do anything you want bro. I'm 47 and yes, no you can't just become a chef. You can wash dishes and learn though. lol.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
Ordered the Terrain Management shift knob thing through my local dealership today. It should be here Thursday and look like the pic. Now that I have the upgraded dash cluster, I can use FORScan and activate Terrain Management and bam, I can selected Terrain modes.

Went fishing and caught a few. It's been a good fishing truck so far. Did pretty well. My size 14 next to the 36' black drum caught on my surf rod for scale. Awesome fight on a light tackle trout rod in the surf.

Did a good deed and pulled out a stuck minivan, TWICE today. I told this young man to stay on the hard pack near the water. I pull him out and he proceeds to drive about 20 feet and make a hard left into the soft sand instead of a right to the water line. You just cannot fix stupid. I told him the third time is going to cost him because he is interrupting my fishing. He did not get stuck a third time.

TM Switch.jpg

Flounder.jpg

Trout.jpg

Drum.jpg

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
Learned zero miles to empty may mean just that. I drove for about 1 mile after zero miles popped up.
I always thought your miles to empty number had a safety buffer of 10 or 20 miles.
I think mine might be dead on. Zero miles to empty and the truck took 19.989 gallons. Not great at math but that’s more than my 19 gallon tank should hold. I did do one top off squeeze but I don’t think that accounts for almost one gallon. Maybe Shell is screwing me???

That's 93 octane prices if you are wondering.

EECBC9A8-1D2C-4834-932F-026A4A285FDF.jpeg

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the underseat lockable covers from Front Runner.

Instructions said 45 mins for installation but spent a good part of Saturday swearing over it as I think it was designed off the 2019 ranger and didn’t fit flat on my 2020 due to the tyre retrieval tool being in the way. So just a heads up to anyone who is wanting to get this - if you’ve got the 2020 ranger, you’ll have to do some trimming of the plastic! Need a longer screw for the one that is missing but that will be easy to do soon.

Before anyone asks, is this completely theft proof? No because of the Allen key screws are exposed but hopefully a good deterrent for the “gone in 60 seconds” type of opportunists. I love the look and quality of the steel too!

183C49A6-FD00-4F67-B913-38FD936ACA58.jpeg

8FEC33B6-7FED-48BA-806F-CE011FD39FF8.jpeg
Those look really good, nice addition.