pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
I think you had all the right words for, " Can't wait to start the mods, everything I want and nothing I didnt"...lol:p welcome to the money pit
FoD is right.

So... here’s a synopsis...
You: “Damn this truck is great, it’s everything I ever wanted!” This group: “Hold my beer... and give me your credit card!” Haha
Sponsored

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
FX2s are extremely rare, at least near me. Looks great; enjoy!
I went and got an alignment done on my truck the other day and they had tons of FX2 Rangers on the lot. But they only had one 4x4 (a sport) and no FX4 trucks!

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
FoD is right.

So... here’s a synopsis...
You: “Damn this truck is great, it’s everything I ever wanted!” This group: “Hold my beer... and give me your credit card!” Haha
I googled "largest tires that can fit on a 2019 Ranger" because I was offered 285 70 17 BFG KO2s brand new for $500. Next weekend I'm cutting out safety bars, taking my bumper off, leveling the front, spray painting emblems, buying wheels for the first time in my life, learning about ForScan and tuners. What a mess.

I bought the truck a year ago. My first new truck. I was planning on taking it to the dealer for everything and never turning a bolt myself, but nope. Then I saw a picture of Mr. Risks build, steve mcqueen and now I'm thinking of bronze wheels on my black truck.

Damn this board. haha

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I googled "largest tires that can fit on a 2019 Ranger" because I was offered 285 70 17 BFG KO2s brand new for $500. Next weekend I'm cutting out safety bars, taking my bumper off, leveling the front, spray painting emblems, buying wheels for the first time in my life, learning about ForScan and tuners. What a mess.

I bought the truck a year ago. My first new truck. I was planning on taking it to the dealer for everything and never turning a bolt myself, but nope. Then I saw a picture of Mr. Risks build, steve mcqueen and now I'm thinking of bronze wheels on my black truck.

Damn this board. haha
Your hooked for life now! Welcome to the poor house with the rest of us. ?

Rickfar

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercrew sport
I think this is subjective. The dual port won't make your turbo better, but you will hear the WHOOOOSH. If that's what you want and it is worth $40 to you, then do it. Boomba racing makes a cheap vent-to-atmosphere thing that just sits below your OEM BOV, if that is your speed.

I kind of want the tubrosmart dual port, but I'm never going to tune my engine so I'm not even sure I really need an aftermarket BOV.
Well i have the ford performance tune on my ranger but I'm trying to decide if replacing the BOV is worth the 240.00. Is there any benifit from doing it ?

Don B.

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Brought back into spec after the Eibach strut and spring installation.

This was a small bit of a PITA. The first place I went to said that their machine wasn't up to date enough to do the alignment on my truck. This was after I called and asked if their machine could do it and was told yes. The second place, a dealership, called last night and canceled my appointment and explained their tech is out because of COVID-19. Today I took it to another dealership and they fit me in. Even better, two of their guys used to work for our county's Fleet Management and used to maintain my patrol car. I knew one of them did and sent him a text message and he had me walk into the back to say hi. The other guy saw me walk by in the distance and asked the service advisor to throw me a discount, which I'm very appreciative of! So it all worked out.
20200722_103222.jpg
I installed Stage 3 strut spacers last weekend. Raised the front 1 inch as advertised. I got the alignment at the local Ford dealer today. My regular shop did not have the specs in their computer yet either. Interesting that it appears that it may have only affected the Toe. To actually make this scientific, I would have had to have checked the alignment before installing the spacers. But, at $99 a pop, I'll let it go.
20200724_130134.jpg

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I installed Stage 3 strut spacers last weekend. Raised the front 1 inch as advertised. I got the alignment at the local Ford dealer today. My regular shop did not have the specs in their computer yet either. Interesting that it appears that it may have only affected the Toe. To actually make this scientific, I would have had to have checked the alignment before installing the spacers. But, at $99 a pop, I'll let it go.
20200724_130134.jpg
My good friend that helped with the install said I should have gotten the alignment checked before and after. At that $99...

...no thanks! LOL

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Gave my Ranger its first bath since I bought it almost 2 months ago (I was planning to do it a bit ago but didn't have the time). I used to just use dish soap to wash my cars but after reading the thread about washing here I decided to go with a soap made for car washing. I'm glad I did.

Washed it using two buckets and the soap worked great for removing dirt, grime and bugs. Dried it off with a chamois and then applied a coat of Turtle Wax hybrid ceramic spray. It was so easy to put on I wondered if I used enough or did it right. But once done I'm really happy with the shine after one coat.

The suggestion is to add a second coat 24 hours later but I won't be able to do that as I have too much on my plate tomorrow. So I'll do a dual coat maybe next month. But for now my Saber Ranger looks pretty nice to me. I did notice I should have maybe applied the tire spray a bit further up though.

Funny thing... Before washing, the rear view camera always looked a bit washed out and cloudy on the screen. I just thought that it was maybe the way the camera worked. I guess it just needed washing as now the camera view is much more clear. :)

truckbath1.jpg

Last edited:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not really looking for the sound but if it helps with performance I can live with the whoooosh :)
Sorry, thought we were talking toilets for a minute there ;)
Sponsored