What did you do to your Ranger today?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Finally was able to get a fully working aftermarket radio in. Factory backup camera works fine. I had the 4.3 Inc radio so it is a nice upgrade for me.

20200722_183958.jpg
Nice!

Truckee Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Supercrew 4 x 4; 2015 Nissan Murano; 2019 Honda CRF 250F; 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan;
Occupation
Construction Consultant
Here's what I did NOT do to my Ranger today: back it into a guardrail. I was at the dump dropping off stuff today. My tailgate was down so the backup sensor is going crazy because it thinks I'm going to hit the ground. Meanwhile, I'm backing up a little crooked, and I know it, so I'm going REAL slow. I feel something like a tire bumping into something. So I stop and get out. My right taillight is maybe one-half inch from the guardrail next to the container I'm supposed to put my stuff in. Whoah!

Rickfar

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercrew sport
Every extra $100 spent adds about 20HP & 20LB/FT in your head, even if it's wheels/tires ?

The dual-port BOVs do sound great.
This may be a stupid question but I am in the market to replace the BOV on my ranger I am wondering if dual port or the single core is better what are the advantages of the dual port? Is the extra $40 for the do port Worth it?

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Here's what I did NOT do to my Ranger today: back it into a guardrail. I was at the dump dropping off stuff today. My tailgate was down so the backup sensor is going crazy because it thinks I'm going to hit the ground. Meanwhile, I'm backing up a little crooked, and I know it, so I'm going REAL slow. I feel something like a tire bumping into something. So I stop and get out. My right taillight is maybe one-half inch from the guardrail next to the container I'm supposed to put my stuff in. Whoah!
:frown:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Good thing you stopped just in time. IIRC those taillights are like $1,200.00 if you have the BLISS in them. :shock:

Abjectwoe

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
This may be a stupid question but I am in the market to replace the BOV on my ranger I am wondering if dual port or the single core is better what are the advantages of the dual port? Is the extra $40 for the do port Worth it?
I think this is subjective. The dual port won't make your turbo better, but you will hear the WHOOOOSH. If that's what you want and it is worth $40 to you, then do it. Boomba racing makes a cheap vent-to-atmosphere thing that just sits below your OEM BOV, if that is your speed.

I kind of want the tubrosmart dual port, but I'm never going to tune my engine so I'm not even sure I really need an aftermarket BOV.

ElSolo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford XLT, Lightning Blue, FX2 pkg, 301A pkg, Tow pkg.
Welp, after lots of waiting, she’s finally home! Lighting Blue, sport package, FX2 package, 301A package, and tow package. Everything I need, and nothing I didn’t. Can’t wait to start on the mods!!
78C6C6A5-B1C3-4A0D-B228-6E1C6D9BD931.jpeg

MiniRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger STX
Finally was able to get a fully working aftermarket radio in. Factory backup camera works fine. I had the 4.3 Inc radio so it is a nice upgrade for me.

20200722_183958.jpg
What parts did you need for installation? I'm interested in this for my xl

SalukiRanger

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SCrew 4x2 Lariat Ingot Silver Ebony 18 Tires Technology Pkg
Occupation
Retired
Today nothing....
Rundown since purchase
7/9 purchased used 26k miles, also came pre-scatched so I don't have to OCD about a new vehicle, it's kind of freeing
7/16 Spray in bedliner by Bedliner Veterans, Gilbert, AZ
7/17 WeatherTech mudflaps
7/20 BAK MX4 bedcover
7/21 Maxliner floor mats and cabin air filter
7/25 unboxed Draw-Tite hitch Amazon purchase $96.00
Hitch.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: