Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Something weird. Yesterday, I pulled into the driveway after work. Went around to the passenger rear to get my son out. Looked down and noticed my valve stem cap was missing on the passenger rear. Checked the rest of the tires. Passenger front was almost off. The two on the driver's side were tight. What is going on here? Is centrifugal force spinning them off on the counterclockwise (passenger) side?
IMG-4345.jpg
Looks like you have cheap fill thru the cap valve stem covers. Go to any Wal Mart etc and buy metal caps with a rubber seal in the cap....Much more reliable and likely will not loosen on you like the these cheapie ones...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
Looks like you have cheap fill thru the cap valve stem covers. Go to any Wal Mart etc and buy metal caps with a rubber seal in the cap....Much more reliable and likely will not loosen on you like the these cheapie ones...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Thanks Phil, will do. To be honest, I didn't look in them to see if they were even the seal type or not. I'll definitely get some replacements. Just thought it was real weird that only one side was loose.

Reactions: Doc

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Installed some paint protection film in my door sills. This was my first time installing PPF of any kind, and it was WAY easier than I expected. Results look great, too... you can't even see the film at all unless you get REALLY close and feel the edge and know where to look. Here are a few photos - the flash helps pick out the edge, but in person this stuff is completely invisible:

IMG_3186.jpg

IMG_3184.jpg

IMG_3183.jpg
Hi Kimball.
Have you or do you know, has anyone tried using PPF as a kick plate on the door panels?

Great DIY btw.

Terry

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Something weird. Yesterday, I pulled into the driveway after work. Went around to the passenger rear to get my son out. Looked down and noticed my valve stem cap was missing on the passenger rear. Checked the rest of the tires. Passenger front was almost off. The two on the driver's side were tight. What is going on here? Is centrifugal force spinning them off on the counterclockwise (passenger) side?
IMG-4345.jpg
Assuming the pressure was good in the tire that was missing the cap? I'd check and check the core for tightness. Similar thing happened to me and I must have walked up on someone in the act using a lookout. Only on the side away from the fast food joint I was in. Could be something totally different. Anger anyone lately? :shock:

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
Assuming the pressure was good in the tire that was missing the cap? I'd check and check the core for tightness. Similar thing happened to me and I must have walked up on someone in the act using a lookout. Only on the side away from the fast food joint I was in. Could be something totally different. Anger anyone lately? :shock:
Yep pressures are all good. I didn't check the core, but I will. I don't think I angered anybody ha but you never know. I live in a pretty rural area where everyone knows everybody. I don't even lock doors most of the time, so I'm skeptical on that, but I guess anything is possible these days.

ClamCakes

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Saber XLT SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Put on the new Raptor Grille!
9BB5DDE4-85EA-4B63-9A60-22420BED1FA7.jpeg

ClamCakes

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Saber XLT SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
that looks really sharp! we should have a gathering of the ranger clans sometime up here.
Thanks! I was thinking that we should do something like that!

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired