What did you do to your Ranger today?

ParkerAzJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ranger 2019 Ranger
Finished the install of an Icon Stage 3 kit then took it for a little blast in the desert. Wow what a difference. Completely new truck in a good way. I highly recommend the Icon kit. Have new wheels but waiting for the tires. Here's a few pictures

001.jpg

070420 004.jpg

070420 005.jpg

070420 002.jpg
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
None from SPD specifically, however the aFe one, which is a very similar design to the SPD, claims up to 28HP and 50lbs ft.

I was not stock before I had been working up to the downpipe over the last few months. In order I went:
1) Cat-back exhaust
2) GFB Diverter Valve
3) Livernois 93 octane tune
4) aFe Charge Pipes
5) Downpipe

For me the install was quite challenging and my hands/ forearms paid the price. Depending on how extensive your metric wrench, extension and swivel set is, you’ll either spend 2 hours removing the bolts from the turbo outlet on the OE downpipe or 30 mins. It’s one of those jobs that you’ll need to give yourself plenty of time for. But saves you maybe $300-$450 a shop would charge.

Totally worth it.
Impressive mods.

If you are ever up near the outlet mall let me know.

I'd love to see your truck.

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
Impressive mods.

If you are ever up near the outlet mall let me know.

I'd love to see your truck.
North Ga Outlet? Next time I’m heading to Blood Mountain or Dicks Creek I’ll let ya know. ??

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
North Ga Outlet? Next time I’m heading to Blood Mountain or Dicks Creek I’ll let ya know. ??
Yep, that's the one in the wilds of Dawsonville.

Thanks!

Kvvllerr

First Name
Kyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger
Occupation
EMT
First time posting on this thread but have used you guys for a lot of info thank you so much! Here’s what we’ve made so far
-afe Catless downpipe
-afe charge pipes
-mishimoto intercooler
-roush intake
-bdx 5 star tune, then put on a dyno to fix there tune a bit and make it backfire and all that cool stuff.
- Raceline wheels 33x12.5 bfg ko2

installed before end of July hopefully!
-fiberglass fenders/bedsides
-Bajakits Long travel kit and deavers

08555FC2-A597-4CEA-9132-FF6D8720DD51.jpeg

BD61AA7A-F9A6-4256-9560-F15A9D2D533C.jpeg

B0DF46FF-6028-487C-B8A2-64550D69DABB.jpeg

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I changed out the oil in both my front and rear diffs. Also changed out the Mercon LV in the transfer case. There's 2250 miles on this truck... the rear diff fluid was really dark (essentially black) with a ton of metal collected on the drain plug. I don't drive this truck very hard, but have put probably 100 miles of 4x4 off road on it. The front diff was much cleaner, but still had a fair bit of metal collected on the plug magnet. I was also pretty surprised at how dark the transfer case fluid was. Also quite a bit of metal on it's drain magnet as well.

Here's the rear diff magnet and then glob of metal wiped on a shop towel:
IMG_3614.jpg

IMG_3615.jpg

Here's the front diff magnet and what came off on a shop towel:
IMG_3610.jpg

IMG_3611.jpg

And here's a close-up of the metal shavings that came out of the transfer case:
IMG_3618.jpg

I collected the fluids into gallon milk jugs to take to the local auto parts store for recycling. I shook them up then held them up in the sunlight so I could see the color of the fluids better. Both are pretty dark for only 2250 miles, imho.

IMG_3620.jpg
IMG_3622.jpg

I put genuine Motocraft Mercon LV into the transfer case, and Amsoil Severe Gear 80w90 synthetic into both diffs. I consider this to be the "break in" fluid change, and will leave them all alone now until I hit 30K miles or so, then change them again and every 30K miles thereafter.
Interesting !

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
InkedIMG_1231_LI.jpg
InkedIMG_1232_LI.jpg

Added red grill letters and red/black tail gate letters. Also red/black Ford logo to emblems.em decals. Ran out of time. but ecoboost emblem will change to red/black sooooon!!!

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Installed some paint protection film in my door sills. This was my first time installing PPF of any kind, and it was WAY easier than I expected. Results look great, too... you can't even see the film at all unless you get REALLY close and feel the edge and know where to look. Here are a few photos - the flash helps pick out the edge, but in person this stuff is completely invisible:

IMG_3186.jpg

IMG_3184.jpg

IMG_3183.jpg
I installed this PPF in my door sills a while ago, but today I published this How-To video all about how to install it yourself. It's REALLY easy, and if you don't have *something* protecting your door sills yet, this is an inexpensive option:

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
First time posting on this thread but have used you guys for a lot of info thank you so much! Here’s what we’ve made so far
-afe Catless downpipe
-afe charge pipes
-mishimoto intercooler
-roush intake
-bdx 5 star tune, then put on a dyno to fix there tune a bit and make it backfire and all that cool stuff.
- Raceline wheels 33x12.5 bfg ko2

installed before end of July hopefully!
-fiberglass fenders/bedsides
-Bajakits Long travel kit and deavers

08555FC2-A597-4CEA-9132-FF6D8720DD51.jpeg

BD61AA7A-F9A6-4256-9560-F15A9D2D533C.jpeg

B0DF46FF-6028-487C-B8A2-64550D69DABB.jpeg
What dyno numbers did you get?

Reactions: Doc

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I installed this PPF in my door sills a while ago, but today I published this How-To video all about how to install it yourself. It's REALLY easy, and if you don't have *something* protecting your door sills yet, this is an inexpensive option:
Hi Kimball,

Well done! Good info for many of the forum members that are DIY. I was a real green horn on decals when I got handed the task of managing Ford Light Trucks Off Raoad and SCCA RaceTruck series. Thank goodness as doing decal work on our test mule etc I could never get the stickers straight until I was shown the "Wet Method".... Handling a 5 ft long General Tire decal was impossible without using the wet method. Been using this for some 40 years now!

Excellent video and presentation! Kudos!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co.

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Hi Kimball,

Well done! Good info for many of the forum members that are DIY. I was a real green horn on decals when I got handed the task of managing Ford Light Trucks Off Raoad and SCCA RaceTruck series. Thank goodness as doing decal work on our test mule etc I could never get the stickers straight until I was shown the "Wet Method".... Handling a 5 ft long General Tire decal was impossible without using the wet method. Been using this for some 40 years now!

Excellent video and presentation! Kudos!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co.
Thanks, Phil! I'm not sure I could manage to get something 5ft long Installed straight, even with the wet method!
Sponsored