StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
Ditched the air dam and got myself an OEM skid plate with chrome tow hooks.

3665AEEC-019D-4089-AD62-442E0BBDF377.jpeg

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Took me about an hour, after I watched the video on the CoverKing website. Never have done seat covers before. They were snug, as expected of custom fit covers. I'm very happy with them. Can't tell they're not factory seats, except for the head rest covers.
I also installed Cover King seat covers, in neoprene. A long delay because they were in Cal and closed for the covid. Also a little expensive, but good protection. Not a hard install, the video I found was not a Ranger, I winged it. They fit tighter than the expert got in the video! But when I was done, found I had forgot the mesh pads that go under the seats! At least I assume that's what they are? Was not on the video, and I'm not taking them off to do over...also don't know what the heck one Michael Jackson glove, and the safety glasses they included are for?. but the plastic tuck-spoon tool was handy.
Also painted my toe-nails...err...tow-hooks?

20200613_200257.jpg

20200613_200340.jpg

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
In this case, yes they are liable for the damage. This is mostly due to the fact that I have dash cameras that record constantly, so I can prove their truck did this to mine. The highway patrol officer said that the driver of the truck is responsible for making sure it is clean, but since they only get a $20 fine in a case like this, none of them care and never take the time to clean. The company manager was a little snotty toward me until I told him that I have dash camera footage of this happening. His tone took a complete 180 really fast after that. Morals of the story: 1. get a dash cam and 2. hold these construction companies liable for making a mess of the roads and damaging your vehicle!
This is old, so apologies....

I HAVE to say that @treimche is my new hero! I spent 20 years driving a 13 mile stretch of the Pennsylvania Turnpike each way to and from work 5 times a week. Trucks caused paint and body damage as well as window damage constantly. I paid to have my vehicles resprayed to keep them looking nice. I think I had to have 4 windshields replaced in that time. I had the forum discussions on fault and getting the trucking companies to pay. I would drive defensively and back way off a truck that was letting off the stone missiles. I would also not let trucks with the soft covers on the trailer pass me as they were the most common trucks to throw stones. Once the dashboard cams became affordable, I did install them... of course I never caught a large rock creating damage on video... just those smaller paint eating destroyers you can hear, but on video the sound kinda washes out and there is no direct and specific damage to point to.

I applaud your ability to get some satisfaction from them!

Last edited:

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I installed my Extang MaxSeal on the tailgate. Took about 20 min and looks like it will do the job--very little light getting through. Next trip through the carwash will tell the tale. I also fixed 2 flapping seal ends on my Ford (Bakflip G2) hard tonneau. Removed the old tape, cleaned with acetone, used the 3M Adhesion Promoter pad, let that dry, and put new 3M UHB tape on. Better than new. Thanks to @the1mrb for the info :thumbsup:

Ranger1431

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
I also installed Cover King seat covers, in neoprene. A long delay because they were in Cal and closed for the covid. Also a little expensive, but good protection. Not a hard install, the video I found was not a Ranger, I winged it. They fit tighter than the expert got in the video! But when I was done, found I had forgot the mesh pads that go under the seats! At least I assume that's what they are? Was not on the video, and I'm not taking them off to do over...also don't know what the heck one Michael Jackson glove, and the safety glasses they included are for?. but the plastic tuck-spoon tool was handy.
Also painted my toe-nails...err...tow-hooks?

20200613_200257.jpg

20200613_200340.jpg
I’m really thinking about getting some, as I’ve been having a tough time coming across some good sturdy seat covers.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
I’m really thinking about getting some, as I’ve been having a tough time coming across some good sturdy seat covers.
I've used cheap pleather/vinyl Walmart seat covers on my work trucks or cars cause I used to get real dirty in steel plants. They were ok but not tailored and usually tore or wore. I tossed them out after I traded the vehicles every 2 years. These should last...lots of options out there.