What did you do to your Ranger today?

dangerranger16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Hi RD16

Since this is along the bottom edge of the tailgate, my camera will not accommodate...so here is a picture of the bottom of the tailgate above the bumper of the puzzle lock bolt of the tailgate locking bracket. Short of taking the whole thing apart, I can't do any better....Sigh!

tailgate lock.jpg

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Thank you! I didn't realize it was along the bottom. I thought it was installed on the outside part where the two larger torx screws are. I like that you can't see it. Went ahead and ordered. Cheers!
Sponsored

07XLT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger XLT 2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

I put my Ranger to work today. My neighbors on the street below us had their shared mailbox pedestal creamed by new neighbors not knowing how to drive a big U-Haul truck. Knocked the pedestal back on about a 20° angle from vertical. So my Ranger and my come-along headed down to help straighten out this mess. One neighbor had to replace their street side mailbox as it was smashed. the downstream mail box was okay but the little red flag was knocked off the side of the box...easy fix. So I hooked my come-along to the pedestal post and the other end to my trusty front tow hooks...got the angle of the dangle so to speak and cranked on the come-along and pulled the pedestal back to vertical. Took all of abut 15 minutes, but ended up with a crowd of neighbors around us to watch the project. Ranger got a lot of positive comments about what a beautiful truck it was. Even got a beer for Beer:30 cocktails on the patio for later today! :)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
That stinks for the new neighbor, what an embarrassing way to introduce yourself to the neighborhood.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Gave her a badly needed wash and installed these:

20200321_160303.jpg

Mantis

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 Ford Edge SEL
Gave her a badly needed wash and installed these:

20200321_160303.jpg
Looks good!

I wish I could wash my truck but it would be futile right now. We are about halfway through pollen season so it would be coated again in less than an hour. I've lived here 12 years now and am amazed every year. I've never seen anything like it until we moved here.

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
Backed the truck on to the back yaahd, folded the tonneau and tossed a bunch of lawn and greenhouse waste and took it on a one-way ride to the dump...yessah! (translation: put a bunch of scratches on the bed and got it all dirty)

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
Backed the truck on to the back yaahd, folded the tonneau and tossed a bunch of lawn and greenhouse waste and took it on a one-way ride to the dump...yessah! (translation: put a bunch of scratches on the bed and got it all dirty)
Ya Kid, ya f’d up ya bed, wickid f’n pissa!

stevensc

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 XLT
Occupation
Retired seller of Sugar Cane Equipment
Picked mine up from the dealership after being broke down for 5 months today. ☹? Drove it straight to Line-x and had their Platinum topcoat sprayed.

MVIMG_20200320_183600.jpg
MVIMG_20200320_183550.jpg
Can you still remove the rubber plugs ? I am not sure if they would ever need to be removed anyway?
Steve W

oatmeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Black On Black
What was wrong that it took months to repair?
Once it got below 40 degrees outside it wouldn't start. I'd hit the button and get 5 or 6 different error messages on the dash like service steering, ABS fault, park aid malfunction ect.
First thing my dealership tried was a new body control module. No luck. After spending the next 6 weeks or so diagnosing back and forth with Ford they decided the main wiring harness behind the dash was bad.
I believe this was in early December when they ordered it and found out it was on backorder. I don't get how Ford can leave a customer high and dry for months without their vehicle. What's so hard about grabbing one off of the assembly line?
Sponsored