BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab Ingot Silver
Hi Folks,

Installed my pickup box power point today. Took all of about 15 minutes...worse was to connect to the bed connector on the frame rail as my darn back tweaked... Fortunately no biggie... This unit from Wolfhausllc is first class. No drilling....basically plug and play. Now if you want a cigar lighter socket in the bed sidewall this is not for you as the cigar lighter socket is a pigtail attachment. Very robust and well engineered piece. At my age, I look for an elegant solution and this assembly meets my expectations.

BTW.....the term Cigar lighter is something I encountered in 1973 when I hired in and was still the term when I retired in 2002... Never was it referred as a cigarette lighter. Only cigars I smoked were those passed out for new babies.... My good friend just gave up cigars....amazing how expensive his "good" cigars were.... He never used a cigar lighter as they would not really work on his cigars anyway... Power Points were created but were not designed to accept a cigar lighter...not sure if this is still the case.... Anyway...that is the back story and I am sticking to it...

Best.
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I just ordered the connector and 4' pigtail from Wolf Haus LLC so I can add a dual USB charging port and cigar lighter port in the side of my carpet kit.
Will post photos and comments when I wire it up.
Sponsored

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Installed my pickup box power point today. Took all of about 15 minutes...worse was to connect to the bed connector on the frame rail as my darn back tweaked... Fortunately no biggie... This unit from Wolfhausllc is first class. No drilling....basically plug and play. Now if you want a cigar lighter socket in the bed sidewall this is not for you as the cigar lighter socket is a pigtail attachment. Very robust and well engineered piece. At my age, I look for an elegant solution and this assembly meets my expectations.

BTW.....the term Cigar lighter is something I encountered in 1973 when I hired in and was still the term when I retired in 2002... Never was it referred as a cigarette lighter. Only cigars I smoked were those passed out for new babies.... My good friend just gave up cigars....amazing how expensive his "good" cigars were.... He never used a cigar lighter as they would not really work on his cigars anyway... Power Points were created but were not designed to accept a cigar lighter...not sure if this is still the case.... Anyway...that is the back story and I am sticking to it...

Best.
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Phil, sounds like you installed with a 3 prong plug? Which set up did you order? I seem to be unable to get my brain to figure out which version(s) to order to allow this.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hi Folks,

Best.
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I enjoy your backstories Phil. :like:

beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew FX4
I drove it to work today.

Later on I will probably drive it home.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Phil, sounds like you installed with a 3 prong plug? Which set up did you order? I seem to be unable to get my brain to figure out which version(s) to order to allow this.
Hi Scott,

My install was only a two wire piece that plugs into the bed power connector on the side of the left frame rail behind the left rear wheel the wiring outlet was red + and black -. Does this help?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Would you mind sharing a picture of the tailgate lock installed? No worries if not, just curious.

Thanks!
Hi RD16

Since this is along the bottom edge of the tailgate, my camera will not accommodate...so here is a picture of the bottom of the tailgate above the bumper of the puzzle lock bolt of the tailgate locking bracket. Short of taking the whole thing apart, I can't do any better....Sigh!

tailgate lock.jpg

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

I put my Ranger to work today. My neighbors on the street below us had their shared mailbox pedestal creamed by new neighbors not knowing how to drive a big U-Haul truck. Knocked the pedestal back on about a 20° angle from vertical. So my Ranger and my come-along headed down to help straighten out this mess. One neighbor had to replace their street side mailbox as it was smashed. the downstream mail box was okay but the little red flag was knocked off the side of the box...easy fix. So I hooked my come-along to the pedestal post and the other end to my trusty front tow hooks...got the angle of the dangle so to speak and cranked on the come-along and pulled the pedestal back to vertical. Took all of abut 15 minutes, but ended up with a crowd of neighbors around us to watch the project. Ranger got a lot of positive comments about what a beautiful truck it was. Even got a beer for Beer:30 cocktails on the patio for later today! :)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Towed my zero turn mower home from service...19 mpg at 60 mph over 60 miles...very smooth tow...
9zIudCQ.jpg

Last edited:

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast