First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger - 2014 Tiffin Phaeton Motorhome
Occupation
Retired Fire Captain
It looks more like what a bad cyst looks like on a mirror. If you need to see your blind spot, do this instead. Position your head in the center of your cab, aligned with the center mirror. Look over to your right and adjust the mirror until you see the edge of your passenger door handle. Then sit back on the driver's seat as you normally would. Now look over to your right mirror and you have a full clear view of that blind spot without obstruction. It takes about a day to get accustomed to it, but its a better, larger field of view. You don't need to see the side of your door the way we were initially taught to drive. It's not doing anything you need to watch. Its the lane you are concerned with.
I've been driving for over 55 years and have a Class A CDL. I'll take all the mirrors that are needed to see all around my truck.
Sponsored

Dustoff262

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, black package
I've been driving for over 55 years and have a Class A CDL. I'll take all the mirrors that are needed to see all around my truck.
Driving 55 yrs, yeah maybe you do need extra mirrors. Have fun.

VegasP11

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Installed Truxedo TruXport. Anyone else have like a 2 inch gap between the bulkhead and cover. I installed the gasket and there is still a huge gap.
Also got the oil changed in my 2011 Escape at Ford, so I ordered the bed mat using my FordPass points.
20200313_153831.jpg

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Installed Truxedo TruXport. Anyone else have like a 2 inch gap between the bulkhead and cover. I installed the gasket and there is still a huge gap.
Also got the oil changed in my 2011 Escape at Ford, so I ordered the bed mat using my FordPass points.
20200313_153831.jpg
I was just looking at this on Amazon and one of the questions was if it came with the bulkhead extension and the reply was yes. Will have to do some more research before I decide if I put this one on my list.

VegasP11

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
I was just looking at this on Amazon and one of the questions was if it came with the bulkhead extension and the reply was yes. Will have to do some more research before I decide if I put this one on my list.
I just got off the phone with Truxedo and it must be an old one in Amazon's stock. The are shipping me out a new bulkhead gasket Monday. Awesome customer service. I will highly recommend this cover otherwise. Installation was simple and it seems very high quality.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I just got off the phone with Truxedo and it must be an old one in Amazon's stock. The are shipping me out a new bulkhead gasket Monday. Awesome customer service. I will highly recommend this cover otherwise. Installation was simple and it seems very high quality.
Wow, glad they are taking care of that and now this is on my short list

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I has a Truxedo Lo Pro on my Tacoma and it was a great cover. The only reason I didn't get one for my Ranger was I don't plan on keeping more than 3 years. The Access Vanish cover I got was almost $200.00 cheaper and it's a really good cover too.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folk,

Installed 4 USB lights from Amazon.....

usblights.jpg

Best.
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

majorv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew
Occupation
Retired
Well, warm weather is here and since it’s been 20 years since we did anything to the yard I got 1/2 yard of sand/dirt to fill it in with. Guess my new truck is now a work truck, lol!

0AF330C2-843C-475B-813D-060DBFC6FE2F.jpeg

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
I has a Truxedo Lo Pro on my Tacoma and it was a great cover. The only reason I didn't get one for my Ranger was I don't plan on keeping more than 3 years. The Access Vanish cover I got was almost $200.00 cheaper and it's a really good cover too.
Keeping it only 3 years? You won't get the money back you spent in mods. The only reason I'm doing all these mods is because I plan to keep this one for the long haul.

I spent too much money modifying my Explorer and it didn't help the resale trade-in value. Things like the custom magnaflow exhaust and CAI performance induction I had installed actually hurt the resale.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Eddie,

Theses lights have four positions. Dim Medium bright and off. The usb connections are hot for about 2 hours after you switch off the engine. I think they will be very useful...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well, warm weather is here and since it’s been 20 years since we did anything to the yard I got 1/2 yard of sand/dirt to fill it in with. Guess my new truck is now a work truck, lol!

0AF330C2-843C-475B-813D-060DBFC6FE2F.jpeg
Oh! My back! :whew:

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Keeping it only 3 years? You won't get the money back you spent in mods. The only reason I'm doing all these mods is because I plan to keep this one for the long haul.

I spent too much money modifying my Explorer and it didn't help the resale trade-in value. Things like the custom magnaflow exhaust and CAI performance induction I had installed actually hurt the resale.
That's why I don't go crazy with mods and only do the ones I really want. I write everything off through my business,helps keep my bottom line lower. :wink: The more I thought about the tonneau cover it wasn't worth spend the extra money for the Truxedo and now that I have the Access Vanish I'm glad I didn't. It's really good quality and I like the adjustment feature a lot better. The only thing that was nice with the Truxedo was you could push in 2 clips on the rear corners and remove the whole bar and cover. That's nice if you're hauling something and don't want to bang into your cover while it's rolled up against the bulkhead. I never used this once on my Tacoma so I don't miss it.

The 2 biggest expenses were the tires and the level install which for me are worth the money because we go off road a lot. I was going to get wheels during the Black Friday sales but when I thought about it it didn't make sense so I bought a few more pistols. I'll get much more use out of them. lol
Sponsored