What did you do to your Ranger today?

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Took it to the dealership for a free detailing.

They gave a me an Escape as a loaner. Suffice to say I'm happy I purchased a Ranger and not an Escape.
Sponsored

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Drove mine through a snowstorm to get to work this morning and it performed flawlessly! Hopefully getting out of here soon but the weather is getting worse. Sounds like a good excuse to try out the snow mode!

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
Put on my wheelskins':rockon:
20200228_135003.jpg

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Installed my Wet Okole seat covers. Just in time for rain.

20200222_143145.jpg
20200222_141320.jpg
20200222_141253.jpg
Ron, the fit looks great, did you get them direct from them? And aren't they like $260? Trevor

Kaladin

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4 SuperCab
Ron, the fit looks great, did you get them direct from them? And aren't they like $260? Trevor
Ya, I ordered them from there website. They were running a sale for valentine's day so that helped but they were still $285 with the full piping.

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
The dealer that I purchased my truck from said I could not use them for parts or accessories. Two other dealers in town said no problem. I went to one of them and they ordered it. They said it was just a matter of how they did the paper work. I didn't ask too many questions.
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to give that a try!

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Nice Jeff! I basically have a Net 0 house but im connected to the grid cause the cost of electricity here is cheap enough that solars panels take too many years to pay for themselves. I still can have electric bills under or around $100 per month year round including heat and A/C,and I also heat and cool my garage.
In the "dark" days before my PV system, my electricity bill would average $350-500 during the summer months because of AC usage, 3 window units (incredibly inefficient) and 1 split system. Mind you, this was with solar water heating...
I've since got ridden of the 3 window units and went with 2 additional split systems instead, all are 240 VAC units. I'll run all 3 splits during the summer and yet my PV system still feeds energy back to the grid.
The Holidays are a different story, with entertaining, cooking and such, Thanksgiving Day has been a family tradition here at the family residence for nearly 75 years, it's not uncommon to have 75-100 family members and friends here for dinner. My November's electricity bill was close to $150.
Family get togethers are a big thing in Hawaii...I would not have it anyway else.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I remember hearing about the cost of electricity there and could hardly believe my ears. Our power rates here are still too low to justify the investment in solar--too many years to recoup the initial costs. So for now, we heat with electric heat pumps until the temperature dips too low for them to be effective, then the systems switch to natural gas.
I've seen go as high as 40 cents per K/wh, this was back in 2012 or so.
HECO (Hawaiian Electric Company) has since installed several HUGE PV farms here on the west side of Oahu, this lowered their energy charges somewhat.
My last 4 years with HFD was in reviewing commercial projects building plans, one of my concerns with a particular HECO project was maintaining grass and brush undergrowth under the thousands of PV panels proposed. A clever engineer suggested having goats (yes, billy goats) to control the flora, I had no objection, just so long as the brush was maintained.
Long story short, the team of goats were so efficient in controlling the brush that they turned their attention to other potential food sources, like support brackets, wiring conduits and the PV panels themselves.
Needless to say, there were quite a few roasted goats as a result of their chewing into conduit lines, to say that the animal activist groups here in Hawaii were displeased is the understatement of the century.
Thank GOD I'm retired...

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Installed my FordRangerLifts 2.5 spacers on my 2020, it was relatively easy.
The spacers are designed so that there is no need to disassemble the strut at all.
I did find it necessary, however to loosen the upper control arm attachment point bolt and nut to allow the upper ball joint to fit back into the spindle.
Otherwise, the control arm bushings would have been stressed significantly, I've since notified Rob from FRL of this.
The spacers are well engineered and stoutly manufactured.

20200228_155541.jpg
20200228_155524.jpg

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wet Okole's are pricey, but well worth it, especially if your truck has fabric upholstery. Attached is an image of my '00 SuperCab's interior of which I installed a set when I bought the truck new. After 20 years of use (and countless Starbucks cups of coffee) the covers were nasty, tossed them before I sold the truck last December.
2.jpg
3.jpg

Dustoff262

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, black package
I really like that! Did you buy that or make it? If you bought it, can you post a link? Curious what it connects to if you didn't have to drill....

Thanks
Looks like a great idea, but I can imagine how it rattles when you put tools inside.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks

I spent a bit if time on the lathe today to turn down the valve stem collars that were too long. They now fit around the elongated stem and allow a metal valve stem cap.

collar.jpg

collar1.jpg

collar2.jpg

Best.
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored