First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Installed my Westin HDX Drop Steps. And the wife said they look good. Not required but nice to hear. :like:
Thankfully my brother in law has a heated garage so I defrosted the inch of snow on the truck and rolled around in the wetness putting them on. At least it was warm. I didn't need them to get in the truck but they do help getting in without crushing the side of the seat. I'm no lightweight so that will help the seat last as long as the truck. And the wife wanted something to help her get in.
Install was easy with the second side going on in less than 30 minutes. Total of maybe 2 hours from unpacking and sorting to torquing and testing. A dry truck would have sped up that time, had to dry off the glasses several times.
Got them on Amazon for a good price, more than $100 cheaper than anywhere else, got the stainless for less than the full black bars. They were back-ordered so I waited about 3.5 weeks for them but for the price, it was worth the wait.
Not a whole lot of choices in boards with the S/Cab. Would rather have had something that ran wheel to wheel but these look good to me and haven't seen a lot of them out there.
Next up a bed cover so I don't have to shovel out the bed again.
20200208_143727.jpg
20200208_143739.jpg
20200208_143753.jpg
20200208_144015.jpg

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I did the first Oil & Filter change. It took less than an hour, but I was not in a hurry. It only has 4760 miles on it but I’ve had it for 8 months and I wanted this done before we do our Hungry Valley run that is coming up soon.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

I installed the door edging that I received in the mail today. Wife is happy with the results and her MKX will likely not get dinged in the garage. On the Front doors I only when to the character line at the bottom of the window as the tumblehome is enough to be of little problem with the door edge or dinging other vehicles.

dooredge.jpg

Best,
Phil Schlke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

I installed my door edging. Wife is happy with the edging as it will save her MKX from door dings in the garage and I like it as it will help prevent the door edge chipping. I did not cover the upper part of the front doors as the tumblehome is enough to keep the upper door out of harms way.

dooredge.jpg

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my Westin HDX Drop Steps. And the wife said they look good. Not required but nice to hear. :like:
Thankfully my brother in law has a heated garage so I defrosted the inch of snow on the truck and rolled around in the wetness putting them on. At least it was warm. I didn't need them to get in the truck but they do help getting in without crushing the side of the seat. I'm no lightweight so that will help the seat last as long as the truck. And the wife wanted something to help her get in.
Install was easy with the second side going on in less than 30 minutes. Total of maybe 2 hours from unpacking and sorting to torquing and testing. A dry truck would have sped up that time, had to dry off the glasses several times.
Got them on Amazon for a good price, more than $100 cheaper than anywhere else, got the stainless for less than the full black bars. They were back-ordered so I waited about 3.5 weeks for them but for the price, it was worth the wait.
Not a whole lot of choices in boards with the S/Cab. Would rather have had something that ran wheel to wheel but these look good to me and haven't seen a lot of them out there.
Next up a bed cover so I don't have to shovel out the bed again.
20200208_143727.jpg
20200208_143739.jpg
20200208_143753.jpg
20200208_144015.jpg
Those look good on your SCab. I have the exact same truck except in a different color. At first I didn't think I needed or wanted running boards or steps but the wife needs them to get in. Amazon does have a good price but they are currently out of stock. I'll have to check with the wife to see if she wants them and is willing to wait. Thanks for the tip!

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Hi Folks,

I installed my door edging. Wife is happy with the edging as it will save her MKX from door dings in the garage and I like it as it will help prevent the door edge chipping. I did not cover the upper part of the front doors as the tumblehome is enough to keep the upper door out of harms way.

dooredge.jpg

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
What kind of edging did you use? It looks good and like it might be the exact color of your truck.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of edging did you use? It looks good and like it might be the exact color of your truck.
Hi Eddie.

It is on Amazon and comes in black, Gray and White in various lengths from 16' to 32'. There was another thread on these forums where I got the idea.....It is a very well done product.... The color is just a tad too white for the Ranger, but in this case, function overrides form. Super easy to install with some patience and and a block of wood and a hammer to lightly tap to ensure even seating.... Very pleased with this product. :)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PRLKPTQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_asin_title

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Got my CoverKing seat covers installed, couldn’t be happier with the fit and finish. Pretty easy install, took about an hour to do both front and back plus all headrests
2E96490B-7BA9-432F-A136-4909A1547C78.jpeg
B230DF5B-065D-421C-9260-35EFE57DAAF1.jpeg
D3DA0179-21ED-4231-91D0-50CF060C7404.jpeg
B971893E-6859-4A76-A849-03034BE3B0ED.jpeg

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Eddie.

It is on Amazon and comes in black, Gray and White in various lengths from 16' to 32'. There was another thread on these forums where I got the idea.....It is a very well done product.... The color is just a tad too white for the Ranger, but in this case, function overrides form. Super easy to install with some patience and and a block of wood and a hammer to lightly tap to ensure even seating.... Very pleased with this product. :)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PRLKPTQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_asin_title

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Yeah it’s good stuff. Know 5 others who’ve bought it. Cheers!

Arch Stanton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 4x4 Ingot Silver 301A
Occupation
V.P. of Research and Development; Telemetry and Guidance Testing Facility at Aerodytech Corporation, Reno, Nevada
Installed the Ford neoprene front seat covers today. I left off the headrest covers because they were very tight and I'm not too worried about them getting dirty. The seat covers closely match my cloth seats. I'm not sure how this might affect my heated seats in terms of performance, but I will be headed back up the mountains in two weeks. If it's a problem I'll just remove them until summer. View attachment 29728 View attachment 29728
Ford Ranger Seat Covers_2.jpg
Ford Ranger Seat Covers_1.jpg

Ford Ranger Seat Covers_3.jpg
Where did you purchase them? I assume they come in Medium Stone as well?

Arch Stanton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
V.P. of Research and Development; Telemetry and Guidance Testing Facility at Aerodytech Corporation, Reno, Nevada

LMKFX4XLT

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercab
Yeah, that little tray is a must have!! Easy to stash stuff in the deep area below it, anyone opening the armrest in a hurry would never think that there is a big area beneath it.
Bummer.... sold out.

Arch Stanton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

LMKFX4XLT

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercab