First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
No I would never truck Chrome molding on the side of my truck. Because that looks like I did it and not Factory. I installed the paint match molding which works for me because it's a great match. The Chrome piece is only put on with 3m and I didn't really do the alcohol saying because I was not sure if it was going to Be a keeper.
Nice job Tom. I like the boards,nice and wide!
Sponsored

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I don't wash cars anymore at home except for the Vette at the time. I got rid of it because I was too OCD it wasn't fun anymore. I never have that same feeling when I own a truck. I just figure it's a truck and it's going to be truck things and it's not always going to be clean and its not going to be shiny all the time . And like always, I'll have it professionally detailed before I sell it or trade it.

in the meantime, I'll enjoy it as is.

I'm going to use the garden hose test spray the top of the tailgate with and with the flap in and out.
I think me and you are alot alike. At some point I try to tell myself, its just a car and have fun with it. The littlest things bother me for some reason. No matter how hard I try, I have to care about those little small imperfections. It sucks to be honest. I was that way with my Military gear also, well, when I had time to worry about it anyway. Im all about quality over quantity, and if my mods do not look factory, Ill remove it. To be honest, I dont like being this way, its so much work, where is the fun in all that work?

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Nice job Tom. I like the boards,nice and wide!
6.6" are the widest I could find. I'm glad I like the rest of the design because it was the only one over 6 in. With a Line-X type Surface reasonably priced at $323

The Wider the better for me. Mostly because I like to park with the rest of the cars not out in nowhere land where the truck could become a Target. Plus I've seen assholes Park right next to you even when the truck is out in nowhere land. Any downside is I could use the exercise to walk a little farther. My wife when she's in heels she hates when I park far away.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I think me and you are alot alike. At some point I try to tell myself, its just a car and have fun with it. The littlest things bother me for some reason. No matter how hard I try, I cannot care about those little small imperfections. It sucks to be honest. I was that way with my Military gear also, well, when I had time to worry about it anyway. Im all about quality over quantity, and if my mod does not look factory, Ill remove it. To be honest, I don't like being this way, it's so much work, where is the fun in all that work?
There is absolutely nothing wrong with being OCD to keep your things nice unless it is mentally painful . For me, it is more anxiety than I care to live with.

I've had more pickup trucks than anything in my life so I'm a bit loose when it comes to cleaning, waxing, and preening over them. My excuse is "it's a truck"
I run it through a carwash once every six weeks or so usually when I fill it up as well. When I come home I do the tires. That usually lasts about six weeks or so rain or shine

I know OCD cuz I had a Corvette and I was constantly putting crap on it and buffing it and doing all this kind of stupid shit which nobody cares about anyway. So I sold the Corvette and drove a Miata for about a year-and-a-half. Definitely didn't baby that car.
It was a lot of fun though driving a slow car fast rather than driving a fast car slow and that's the difference between a Miata and the Corvette.

My truck needs a bath very bad now but it's been raining and I have to drive it the rain. I don't care for the CR-V much. We pretty much stick to our own vehicles. anyway

Last edited:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Had my bed spray lined this AM, I'm pleased with the results.

20200201_153130[1].jpg
20200201_153137[1].jpg
20200201_153130[1].jpg
20200201_153137[1].jpg
20200201_153157[1].jpg

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Had my bed spray lined this AM, I'm pleased with the results.

20200201_153130[1].jpg
20200201_153137[1].jpg
20200201_153130[1].jpg
20200201_153137[1].jpg
20200201_153157[1].jpg
That looks great! Nice to see the nice clean straight tape lines, it shows whoever you took it to takes their time and does things properly.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
I bought an added some Chrome edging to the Tyger blades to match my Chrome kit. I think it looks great and it offers another half-inch or so of protection. Cheap to replace not a Ford Part and get it anywhere. The funny thing about these "linexed" blade runners is they kind of get lost on the side of the truck with all the black. So I installed cheap chrome trim pieces

I know for the most part people hate chrome, but hungover for my years of motorcycle riding where I Loved chrome bits and parts,

Anyway, I kind of liked the way they turned out. Really helps the chrome trim pieces on the rest of the truck. Note that there are real Chrome and not polished aluminum like the OEM stock ones which is cheap as hell when you take them apart. What a waste of money they were. And I like Chrome and I just thought it would help the running boards aesthetically

What say you??
unnamed (89).jpg

unnamed (83).jpg
I like both the chrome edging and the painted door trim. Good job!

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That looks great! Nice to see the nice clean straight tape lines, it shows whoever you took it to takes their time and does things properly.
Indeed, the young Gentlemen who did the work were outstanding in every way.
I informed the owner of the business he'd be a fool to let them go...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Indeed, the young Gentlemen who did the work were outstanding in every way.
I informed the owner of the business he'd be a fool to let them go...
That was nice of you Jeff! I know I always appreciated when a customer complimented one of my guys.Not to many take the time to do that anymore.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nice, how much did that cost?
$520.00

Edit: actually a few dollars more, I'm going to mail a couple of Zippy's gift certificates for the 2 guys.
(For you other members, Zippy's is a fast food joint here in Hawaii favored by locals.)

Last edited:

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase
I Painted the Front Lower Valence.
From Silver to Black.

IMG_0736.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

Actually, I did it yesterday. Temperature got up to 62^
Looks great! Did you have to take the valence off to paint it? What kind of paint did you use? How did you handle the two front sensors? Mine already has some chips in it with black underneath.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That was nice of you Jeff! I know I always appreciated when a customer complimented one of my guys.Not to many take the time to do that anymore.
Dave, I am old school when it comes to matters like this and can be very anal when it comes to details. As fullsize pointed out, the entire job is topnotch.
Would you believe the guy who did the application asked me if it was OK to apply the company emblem? (I waited there during the appointment, the owner had stepped out). My reply was 'absolutely', the guy then used a tape measure to center it on the bed bulkhead, impressive!
I am a firm believer in giving credit where credit is due...

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Dave, I am old school when it comes to matters like this and can be very anal when it comes to details. As fullsize pointed out, the entire job is topnotch.
Would you believe the guy who did the application asked me if it was OK to apply the company emblem? (I waited there during the appointment, the owner had stepped out). My reply was 'absolutely', the guy then used a tape measure to center it on the bed bulkhead, impressive!
I am a firm believer in giving credit where credit is due...
100% agree. If no one gives them credit for doing something right, why would they bother wasting their time to do it again when they easily could have cut corners.
Sponsored