Advertisement

What did you do to your Ranger today?

Glocker

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT P-1SC-1 Stage II, 2013 Ford Escape SEL
Vehicle Showcase
I used to be the psycho that got up at dawn to hand-detail int/ext every week [min 4 hrs b/c I have ocd issues]...for years I did this! Now I go to a great car wash I found that has semi-touch less soft wash exterior for $9; then I go home for wipe/dry and interior detail myself and wax once a month. I've saved about 2 hours a week easily in my time. I just dont have the time or energy anymore, we had major covid staff/salary cuts and I need the added time to make more money or REST! :)
For my Mustang, a detail will last about 12 to 13 hours. It's physically back breaking, hot, and uncomfortable. My OCD just gets the best of me!

I am sooooooooooo glad I bought my truck slightly used or I would be as insane about the condition of the truck as I am about the condition of my Mustang! This past Sunday I went out on an all day 4x4 expedition in the truck, and it got very muddy and it collected a few pin-stripes. On Monday, I pressure washed all of the mud off of it and out from under it, and then I cheated! Now-de-mudded, I took it down the street and had a car wash crew wash it while I waited. In 10 minutes they hand washed it, dried it, vacuumed it, wiped down all of the interior, cleaned the glass, wiped down the door jams, and gave it back to me! :crackup:
2020-09-07 09.24.31.jpg

2020-09-07 11.09.27.jpg

Advertisement

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Could have saved 30 seconds if you didn't have a damper.:devil::bandit:
But the extra hp I get from is is worth it. 😁

How's your wife doing now? Hope everything's going well. 🤞

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Postponed retirement due to Wuhan virus
But the extra hp I get from is is worth it. 😁

How's your wife doing now? Hope everything's going well. 🤞
Physically doing pretty good. Mentally, still has it in the back of her head that she could drop dead again, so not driving anywhere by herself. :frown: Certainly understandable.

Am taking her up to the cabin where it happened soon.

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
My 51 year old elbow can't deal with the poor padding on the center armrest!
I have a great shop in town that does all the dealer upgrades so I get super pricing dealing direct. See pix before black vinyl and after leather stitched to match seats with double the padding...

20200831_071823.jpg

20200910_081603.jpg

20200910_081617.jpg
Looks great!
Brian

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Could have saved 30 seconds if you didn't have a damper.:devil::bandit:
I'm in the 'no' dampener camp in case anyone is keeping a tally...I had a 2009 Ram and that tailgate needed a dampener though I never got one. Comparing the two the Ranger is like a glove box lid!

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Took my Ranger out for a ride in the Noxubee Wildlife Refuge yesterday and today installed yellow/amber LED pods and A-pillar brackets from fordrangerlifts. Pods were just cheapo amazon ones mainly for looks right now, and Robby's brackets feel super sturdy and were a breeze to install. Had them on my truck including aiming the pods 30 minutes after the FedEx truck came.

So far from purchase in late June I have had all these things done:

-RC 2.5" level
-LED pods on fordrangerlifts brackets
-Bedliner
-Windows tinted
-Husky floor liners (lined with tons of real husky fur now!)
-Removed lower air dam/valence (makes the 2wd looks so much better)
-Removed Sport decal
-Removed antenna

Also:
-Waiting for my backordered 265/70r17 BFG KO2's to show up
-I have a MPVI2 from HPtuners ready to go in but gonna to hold off for a few months.

ntdfPXcdSYCpyI1OYzLoVg.jpg
zTON0N0KRR612q%RXKKC6Q.jpg
avAC40k2T3CYZCU9+wwTbQ.jpg

Last edited:

Shadowdraxx

First Name
Ric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Bum
Installed Rough Country XL2 Steps. Note to all DO NOT attempt to install alone it was a pain in the a**. Sadly i don't know anyone where i live but it turned out good I reckon:

IMG_2015.jpg
IMG_2017.jpg
IMG_2018.jpg

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Installed Rough Country XL2 Steps. Note to all DO NOT attempt to install alone it was a pain in the a**. Sadly i don't know anyone where i live but it turned out good I reckon:

IMG_2015.jpg
IMG_2017.jpg
IMG_2018.jpg
The steps look great and yeas it seems like most things go better with a second set of hands.
How did you decide on these for your truck?
Do you find them functional to use?
Most of these style of running board/steps I am not a fan of how they look. These however look great.
Brian

cfhgarza

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
More of a week long project but I finished my Light force facia/switch and Redarc trailer brake controller install. Only took so long because I was installing stuff as it arrived throughout the week. Turned out great.

20200911_130914-COLLAGE.jpg

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement