First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I just watched my Ranger from indoors today. Wind chill -26C, snowed all day with howling wind.
I’m south of ya and it was howling here too! We lost power for a little while. Mid 20’s here with the windchill was wince face. Driving down the highway was fun.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I’m south of ya and it was howling here too! We lost power for a little while. Mid 20’s here with the windchill was wince face. Driving down the highway was fun.
Rick I don't miss that weather at all! Just thinking about it makes me shiver. lol It's still a bit chilly here in the mornings (mid 40's) but high today was 78 and getting up to the 80's the next few days. Summers can be rough but I just think back to all that cold and snow back in MA and then it doesn't seem so bad. :sun::tumbleweed:

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
Ran through the car wash quick and filled up with $52 of 87. Whew, I don't like where these prices are going. Anybody use e15 instead of e10? About $.20 a gallon cheaper here.

RARanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Rick I don't miss that weather at all! Just thinking about it makes me shiver. lol It's still a bit chilly here in the mornings (mid 40's) but high today was 78 and getting up to the 80's the next few days. Summers can be rough but I just think back to all that cold and snow back in MA and then it doesn't seem so bad. :sun::tumbleweed:
Amen to that! I grew up in MA, in CA now and do not miss the cold!

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I got a box full of mod parts just waiting to be put on but it’s been cold enough that I want no part of it. Another month or so might get a day here and there that I can knock off some of the quick ones.

Really want to clay and ceramic coat the girl though. That’s a weekend project that has to wait! Some of the mods can’t be done until I get the ceramic on.

Suppose it could be worse considering the lockdowns and life as it is presently! ??‍♂

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I got a box full of mod parts just waiting to be put on but it’s been cold enough that I want no part of it. Another month or so might get a day here and there that I can knock off some of the quick ones.

Really want to clay and ceramic coat the girl though. That’s a weekend project that has to wait! Some of the mods can’t be done until I get the ceramic on.

Suppose it could be worse considering the lockdowns and life as it is presently! ??‍♂
That's how it is for me come summer here. It's way to hot to do most things, even early mornings it can already be 88 at 5am. I remember when I got my vinyl letters for the grille and the dash it was mid August. I wanted to put them on so bad and was out in the garage at 9 pm and it was 105 outside with sweat pouring down my face. lol I had to keep spraying the dash and the letters and even then they were drying fast. Still amazed they even came out as good as they did. Yeah I have no patience to wait once I get something I need to install them ASAP. ?

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Installed the lower grill to fill the gaping hole open to all rocks, etc...found the source from someone else who had added it on this forum; took a 15 minute install:

908C8053-A688-4949-A44C-A9907E1C5D7D.jpeg
Funny enough, that's one of the favorite things I've done. It just cleans up the front so much, and was relatively inexpensive and easy to do.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Finished the level lift (readylift 1" block and 1.2 inch on front Bilsteins) and UCA swapout, new Bilsteins on the rear also, alignment which barely needed adjustment and got home and I still have 3.5" of clearance! I can go with a 285 tire, it should equate to a 1.1" + or - additional height, and as long as nothing rubs in the wheel wells i may go ahead and add the other inch spacer at the bottom. ?

Glad I swapped out my shocks in the front, both of the factory FX4 Shocks had started leaking oil from the tops, couldn't see it until we removed the boots. One of the pics below is my finger coated in oil, the other shows the oil on top of the shock, I had planned to sell the shocks and oem UCA's. I threw away the front shocks and will find a home for the rears and UCA.
Regarding the picture of the aluminum Readylift blocks, the one on the right is what's installed on top, the C or U shaped one on the left is the lower one that I will install later if I have clearance after the wheels and tires swap.

I plan to swap out the fender flares as well.

The ride isn't harsh, and with all the new components, the steering is tighter, less body roll when moving the wheel left and right a bit while driving. Feels like what I was used to in my Durango I had while working for the Sheriff's office.
No other surprises.

20210303_110458.jpg

20210303_110445.jpg

20210303_104646.jpg

20210303_151346.jpg

20210303_104044.jpg

20210303_104110.jpg

20210303_153201.jpg

20210303_151425.jpg

20210303_153226.jpg
Sponsored