First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Now we're talk'n. Dave @AzScorpion, this should become the next 'seller's accessory mod ( ladder + damper). I can hear @Texasota now...for all you short legged, straight arm weaklings... :LOL: The forces of the Dark Side gather once more

1609386530163.png
I can see it now, we're going to need a tailgate ladder mod section next. ?

Funny because I'm probably one of the shortest ones on here at 5'7" and never needed a ladder to get into any truck bed, even my F 150's! And they give me S#!# about a damper! ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
FoD

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Santa brought me a tailgate ladder. I like it a lot.
1609380149481.png

1609380003799.png
I can see it now, we're going to need a tailgate ladder mod section next. ?

Funny because I'm probably one of the shortest ones on here at 5'7" and never needed a ladder to get into any truck bed, even my F 150's! And they give me S#!# about a damper! ?
You turn 56 this year? Knees will start going, arches...you'll needit, must get it, must have discount, must bend the will of resistance...??

stringbreaker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Now we're talk'n. Dave @AzScorpion, this should become the next 'seller's accessory mod ( ladder + damper). I can hear @Texasota now...for all you short legged, straight arm weaklings... :LOL: The forces of the Dark Side gather once more

1609386530163.png
Well for all of us over a certain age retired guys with surgically repaired knees that are still fragile getting into the bed of this truck presents multiple problems the ladder will eliminate them and allow me to use my truck easier and as far as the tailgate damper my wife is lets say a diminutive person so the damper helps her and also me. I've never understood the hatred for the damper and now it might appear the ladder.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV

1609386530163.png
Ladders or steps are useful devices for us older guys. I’m a fan. My only concern about this particular ladder design is that it looks like it would be in the way for common things you might want to load in your Ranger (e.g. lumber, lawn tractor etc). Maybe it detaches easily?

OP
OP
FoD

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well for all of us over a certain age retired guys with surgically repaired knees that are still fragile getting into the bed of this truck presents multiple problems the ladder will eliminate them and allow me to use my truck easier and as far as the tailgate damper my wife is lets say a diminutive person so the damper helps her and also me. I've never understood the hatred for the damper and now it might appear the ladder.
For the most part, it's all good natured fun between those that have it and those that don't. There re a few folks who want to live in Potterville as Mr. Potter and pooh pooh anything that is different from their own reality.

Their loss basically, part of the cancel culture i suppose. The ladder is a great idea, but it has that "value" of being a thing that can be like the old Miller Lite beer commercials...tastes great team on one side, less filling ion the other.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Very little real damper hatred here. The damper feuding is 99.9% good natured fun joshing each other. Helps keep things from getting boring here and it is tremendous fun picking on Dave (@AzScorpion).

OP
OP
FoD

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ladders or steps are useful devices for us older guys. I’m a fan. My only concern about this particular ladder design is that it looks like it would be in the way for common things you might want to load in your Ranger (e.g. lumber, lawn tractor etc). Maybe it detaches easily?
From the looks of it, the ladder can come off after retaining pins are removed, but mounting plates and ladder lock down brackets are bolted into tailgate, so no smooth sliding in from some areas of tailgate, unless dropped below bed...

OP
OP
FoD

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Very little real damper hatred here. The damper feuding is 99.9% good natured fun joshing each other. Helps keep things from getting boring here and it is tremendous fun picking on Dave (@AzScorpion).
And Dave would say it's just as good giving it back to Al :LOL:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
And Dave would say it's just as good giving it back to Al :LOL:
Ya know, I think that's the best part about all this.....going back and forth with Al . Somehow deep down I know he's going to cave in (like you did) and get one. Then again I kind of hope he doesn't because this is entertaining! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Santa Dun Good!
Chaos Shackle
Boulder Tools Airdown Kit (I've set at 20lbs).
LED Puck Flares
Dash Cam

All I need now is that Putco Lower Grill Insert and an Air Pump!

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
All I need now is that Putco Lower Grill Insert and an Air Pump!
That reminded me of a movie quote "...The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that’s all I need. And these matches. ..." :LOL:

I'm pretty sure there is no end to what we "need" for our Rangers.?