John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
IMG_1731.JPG

What are the three mounts behind the back seat of the crew cab? They do not correspond to anything on the seatback.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LoneRNGR

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
You are probably correct. I usually see them near the bottom of the back of the backseat, but I can see how this is what they are used for. My kid is 4 years old and uses the booster seat now that doesn't make use of the latch hooks.

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Lariat, color Saber, all the bells and whistles
Occupation
Retired
That's it!!

OP
OP
LoneRNGR

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
IMG_1734.JPG

I am imagining another use for these mounting points. Here is a quick mock-up with zip-ties. So far, the only issue is when I close the backseat, the front sight pops up.

Edit: Lowered the front a bit and that keeps the pop-up sight from "popping" up.

Last edited:

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
IMG_1734.JPG

I am imagining another use for these mounting points. Here is a quick mock-up with zip-ties. So far, the only issue is when I close the backseat, the front sight pops up.

Edit: Lowered the front a bit and that keeps the pop-up sight from "popping" up.

Taking this idea...I just wonder if it would be possible to just unbolt the tether points and bolt up a retention "holster" for a long gun...something like a good truck gun...lever gun or an SKS or something similar...hmm....

OP
OP
LoneRNGR

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Taking this idea...I just wonder if it would be possible to just unbolt the tether points and bolt up a retention "holster" for a long gun...something like a good truck gun...lever gun or an SKS or something similar...hmm....
I'm thinking along those same lines. It should work well with a lever gun. A regular AR might be problematic because of the forward assist and shell deflector, but this one has neither.

Reactions: FoD

JoeDirt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger xlt
IMG_1734.JPG

Just an FYI, your sight are installed backwards.
InH3Cqa.jpg

But I love the idea. I may start to mock something up using a cheap old gun case.

OP
OP
LoneRNGR

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Just an FYI, your sight are installed backwards.
Haha. Maybe!

Edit: You made me go look! They are mounted the correct direction. :like:

Last edited:
OP
OP
LoneRNGR

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_1734.JPG

Are your sights installed backwards?

Just a quick tip; store it with the sights flipped up. That way if you have to deploy that weapon it's battle ready and you don't have to monkey with the sights to get it into action. Even if you eventually run a red dot on it, sights up.

OP
OP
LoneRNGR

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Are your sights installed backwards?

Just a quick tip; store it with the sights flipped up. That way if you have to deploy that weapon it's battle ready and you don't have to monkey with the sights to get it into action. Even if you eventually run a red dot on it, sights up.
IMG_1735 (Small).jpg
IMG_1736 (Small).jpg
IMG_1737 (Small).jpg

The sights are mounted correctly.

Its a cheap pew-pew with cheap sights and cheap lower. Mostly built with left-over, clearance, gifted parts. It is usually stored in a vacuum sealed bag requiring the sights to be down. This pew-pew is more of the store, then use, not a spring into battle weapon.

JoeDirt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger xlt
IMG_1735 (Small).jpg
IMG_1736 (Small).jpg
IMG_1737 (Small).jpg

Its a cheap pew-pew with cheap sights and cheap lower. Mostly built with left-over, clearance, gifted parts. It is usually stored in a vacuum sealed bag requiring the sights to be down. This pew-pew is more of the store, then use, not a spring into battle weapon.

Yeah they are backwards. They should flip away from you not towards you. When you flip them down you should be pushing down and back, not down and forward.

Last edited:

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
IMG_1735 (Small).jpg
IMG_1736 (Small).jpg
IMG_1737 (Small).jpg

That is the first time that I have ever seen flip up sights mounted like that. Normally flip up sights are installed so that they fold down towards the rear. I have had plenty of AR's over the years and some that have came from the factory with flip up sights and they have all been installed opposite of how you have your sights installed.

Now back on the subject of the thread. I have been thinking about seeing if I could make something to replace the seat backs in my Subercab to hold a rifle or two.
Sponsored