Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SCab Lariat 4X2, 2019 MX5, 2008 Expedition
Occupation
Crane Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF THE AIRBAG LIGHT COMES ON?
When you start the car, many vehicle systems do a self-test and this includes the airbag system. The airbag light should go out shortly after the engine has started unless you have manually deactivated a passenger airbag.

If the airbag light stays on (if you haven’t deactivated it), or comes on while driving, it’s unlikely airbags will be deployed in the event of an accident. It’s advisable for safety purposes to take your vehicle for an diagnosis as soon as possible. Before doing so however, check under the passenger seat for cables and connections. Part of the airbag system is often under the passenger seat and with constant moving of the seat, cables and connections can become dislodged. Ensure connections are firmly in pace.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Back when I had the explorer, I seem to remember the airbag warning light would come on when the battery was getting low.

Or maybe it was some other icon. Sure as heck wasn't a battery icon, though, for some reason.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Thats not an airbag light. Its an indication that you must be seated and belted to blow big bubbles.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
On my 2001 Ranger, that was the SRS (Safety Restraint System) warning indicator. Airbags, seat sensors, and seat belts make up that system. Had to unplug the wiring harness under the driver’s seat and spray it with contact cleaner to make it go away. How did I figure that out? An earlier Ranger forum, how else?

?
Sponsored