First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
My Ranger replaced a sedan and I've done some mods that may have accentuated torque over horsepower. 99% of my driving is highway and in town, and I'm noticing on less than perfect (damp/dusty) surfaces if I'm merging with fast traffic or getting on it at low speed straight my traction control warning light flashes a lot and things are a touch squirrelly. I'm worried about the wife driving it.

Been looking into H rated tires because I've had the speed limiter raised, and want 'better' handling. Recommendations from on line sources direct me to some Continentals and Michelins for wet handling...

I'm sticking with the 18 inch factory alloys, wonder if anyone has other brands they like?

I missed a hell of a deal on some V rated Continentals on clearance from Costco even though they seem like overkill. I've had the stock R rated up to 115 (don't judge) with what felt like power in reserve although I don't think the truck's aerodynamics are good for handling above 125. Clearly the tires have to be for light trucks, the recommendations are based on large SUVs it seems so that sounds about right? I don't anticipate hitching much more than 4500 lbs. Not that I 'need' to hit those speeds, I just want it in reserve. A little over-engineering can't be bad.

I just want to have some safety margin with traction.
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I can't speak for Continental's but Michelin's are very nice. Some Bridgestone tires can do well but the factory set that came on the Rangers dont really cut it. I have also found some Forestone tires to do very well.

SPEEDBUILT

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Strength Coach
Michelin LTX m+s 70,000 mile warranty. Quiet, responsive ride. Great traction in everything but deep mud deep snow.

OP
OP
Racket

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient