First Name
Ean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

I installed the Westin Outlaw Front Bumper on my 2019 Ranger a couple years back. It's already started to rust (<3 years in), which is kind and of concerning. I'm reaching out to their customer service because it should be just barely covered under warranty, will report back with that experience, but probably won't recommend this bumper again.

Bumper bought April 2021. Rust started about 2 months ago, Sept 2023.

PXL_20231124_215414533.MP.jpg

PXL_20231124_215408150.MP.jpg
Sponsored

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Is it just the top plate or are the pipes rusting also ?

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Steel rusts outside if it gets scratched or doesn’t have good coat of paint. That‘s an easy fix, especially if it’s just that top plate. Sand it, prime it, paint it. I would use bedliner to paint it. You can get it in spray cans.

Last edited:

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
From what I see it's just the top plate. Simply remove the thing and go through the process to clean it all up and repaint it. After that you should probably be fine. When you get down to it Weston is one of the lower quality places anyways

Ians34

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XL - STX
Occupation
Military - Navy
I have the outlaw rear bumper on my Ranger. Out of the box it had some major blemishes, they ended up giving me 100 bucks for them. About 2 months after install rust was coming out on f small holes in the corner of the bumper that had been left open. The design lets water get into the bumper and then just sit there. They refunded me my complete 1000 bucks and told me to scrap the bumper. I took it to a Line-X place and they dried the inside, covered the holes and then put a liner over it. Haven’t had any issues since. Hopefully they take care of you, good luck!

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
I have the outlaw rear bumper on my Ranger. Out of the box it had some major blemishes, they ended up giving me 100 bucks for them. About 2 months after install rust was coming out on f small holes in the corner of the bumper that had been left open. The design lets water get into the bumper and then just sit there. They refunded me my complete 1000 bucks and told me to scrap the bumper. I took it to a Line-X place and they dried the inside, covered the holes and then put a liner over it. Haven’t had any issues since. Hopefully they take care of you, good luck!
With the Line-X coating the first indication of new rust will be a limp bumper.
Nobody likes a limp bumper.

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Hey all,

I installed the Westin Outlaw Front Bumper on my 2019 Ranger a couple years back. It's already started to rust (<3 years in), which is kind and of concerning. I'm reaching out to their customer service because it should be just barely covered under warranty, will report back with that experience, but probably won't recommend this bumper again.

Bumper bought April 2021. Rust started about 2 months ago, Sept 2023.

PXL_20231124_215414533.MP.jpg

PXL_20231124_215408150.MP.jpg
I would take it to a local paint shop and have them "Powder Coat" it, that wont happen again
they bake that on!

OP
OP
hksocal

hksocal

First Name
Ean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
They responded on the warranty and no replacement parts because they stopped manufacturing this bumper. Offered me the Westin Pro-Mod Front Bumper (which admittedly looks sweet) but they are out of stock until March. Other fun fact, Westin doesn't pay for labor for warranty replacement, wouldn't be a big deal for just a bumper, but the sensors + light bar are going to make this a full days job for me to do.

The saga continues. Will look into the cleaning/coating recommendations above. Appreciate that!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I had a similar thing happen with my Westin HDX side steps…

IMG_3844.jpeg

It seems their thin bolt-on parts aren’t as well protected as the rest. I removed them to fix them up for a Line-X type finish but summer and life got in the way and now I don’t miss them ar all so they might never go back on. 😀
Sponsored