WeatherTech floor liners - missing cleats?

jedirulez

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I ordered and installed the WeatherTech floor liners (for carpet floors) for my Ranger a few months ago and was absolutely hating them. They would come un-snapped from the retention poles almost every time in and out of the truck. I finally removed them and re-installed the factory rubber ones that came with my truck and noticed the WeatherTech liners don't have cleats/pegs to help secure the liner to the carpet floor. Is this normal for the WeatherTechs? I can't find any info on WeatherTech's website, but I have reached out to their support, I am wondering if I got sent the liners for the full-vinyl floors for the truck and was a dummy and didn't notice at first.

Thanks
Sponsored

FordFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4 Ranger, 2022 Sonata Limited
Occupation
Engineer
My last weathertechs were smooth on the bottom. I returned them for the Husky Xact fit liners. The Husky’s aren’t as slippery either, so you don’t bash your shin into the brake if it’s snowing. Got a new set coming Wednesday for my Ranger

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
No cleats on mine and i've had them for awhile now, with no real issues.

Washashore

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCab Lariat 4x4
My last weathertechs were smooth on the bottom. I returned them for the Husky Xact fit liners. The Husky’s aren’t as slippery either, so you don’t bash your shin into the brake if it’s snowing. Got a new set coming Wednesday for my Ranger
I went with the Husky Xact Fit for my 2019 Ranger more than a year ago, and can report that they hold up well and are solidly in place!
Sponsored