DpAtk

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Supercrew XLT
Hey everyone,

I did a search and couldn't find this problem so here it goes.

I washed my truck today with the wand not spraying the engine bay. I went to leave and I had no power whatsoever. I tried putting the key in an turning it over but nothing since i had no power. I called my wife so we could either try to jump it or push it out of the bay. When she arrived, an audible click happened and the power was restored. The dealership said it threw 0 faults or codes. Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

rcairflr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
retired
IMO it had nothing to do with washing. I have not seen this problem on my Ranger, but saw it on my 2014 Ram 1500. Took the key out, reinserted it and everything worked fine. I'm sure there are people here much smarter than me, but wonder if it misread the key fob?

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
DpAtk

DpAtk

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Supercrew XLT
IMO it had nothing to do with washing. I have not seen this problem on my Ranger, but saw it on my 2014 Ram 1500. Took the key out, reinserted it and everything worked fine. I'm sure there are people here much smarter than me, but wonder if it misread the key fob?
I tried the reinserting of the key. It had no power from when i opened the door. My wife did bring the other key fob with and that is when we heard the audible sound and the front lights flashed. Thanks for the tip.