Was my keyless start remote code copied?

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Had an unusual occurrence today. When attempting to push button start the Ranger it would not respond. It would only go into accessory power mode as if it were not reading the key. Prior to this the code was read fine allowing me to unlock the vehicle. I then exited the vehicle and locked/unlocked the door re-entered and the truck started fine. I also had to do a soft reset of Sync to get SiriusXM to operate. (I've had the later occur once before) Just prior to my being able to start the engine the truck next to me left with no one entering from the time before I approached my truck. The vehicle had dark tinted windows. Am I paranoid or is this suspicious behavior? Did my vehicle exhibit symptoms similar to the remotes code being copied? Can it even be copied or can the remotes signal only be amplified to steal a vehicle with the remote a distance away? I park in a garage at night so no worries there.
Hopefully Ford utilizes a rotating intelligent access code at each start attempt similar to what an advanced garage door uses..
Sponsored

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
A little paranoia isn't a bad idea. There are Faraday bags for key fobs to prevent this sort of thing and they're cheap.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Ford isn't the Overhead Door company.

What we need to remember is, a vast number of remote control devices, operate in the 433.5 MHz band, with a few operating in the 315MHz and the 868MHz band. These frequencies are SHARED bands with the military, and other government agencies. This begs the question what do you expect?

It is also the bands of frequencies, which the Air Force uses to do ground effect radar. Quite often, my ceiling fans operate and/or the lights turn on, when the Air Force does close-flybies from Holloman AFB.

Bitch as you might, we just have to put up with the interference!

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Never been able to figure this one out. My son has a 2015 F150. The alarm started going off in the middle of the night. I thought it was my truck and fob was in my pants right next to me. Half asleep fumble around And hit the emergency button. Then my alarm starts the symphony. Press again to kill mine it and they both stopped. ?

HowIconic!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired Transportation Investigator
I had an automatic update through the radio and my Ford Pass message said for keyless entry to work to start the truck and all will function again. Maybe you had an update come in.
Sponsored