First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt FX4
Occupation
Government
From watching the upgrade videos like 4d tech I know it would have to be programmed the question is if I pulled from another vehicle in the junk yard will the cables fit or does it need adapter as well?
Sponsored

OP
OP
AlanBrandon2005
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt FX4
Occupation
Government
So none of you have junkyard swapped your radio yet? hmm I might need to be the 1st, I just cant bring myself to pay $1800 for a radio and don't want an aftermarket

Billho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX 2wd SuperCab, 2002 GMC Sierra
Yeah, I'm curious if this worked out. I'm interested in doing an upgrade of the '19 XL cluster and 4" stereo. I put in a few searches to local junkyards, but can't seem to find any wrecked Rangers. But I sent some emails to get notified if something comes in.

dokkerdam

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX SuperCab
Occupation
flight instructor
So none of you have junkyard swapped your radio yet? hmm I might need to be the 1st, I just cant bring myself to pay $1800 for a radio and don't want an aftermarket
i'm gonna watch your thread closely and will let you know if i hear anything. according to the 2 upgraders they are using oem parts so if those can be found used or elsewhere the big 2 questions are why that weird cable interface and can that be bought by itself, and why the programming. also, could the programming be done later at a dealer or does it have to be done first and why on both the nav/screen and the climate control panel?
dipstick jim

Billho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@AlanBrandon2005 , did you do this? if so, how did it go? I'm still interested, but would love it if somebody has confirmed that it works to take one from another Ranger and swap to the XL.

CoachJ

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Teacher/Coach
@AlanBrandon2005 , did you do this? if so, how did it go? I'm still interested, but would love it if somebody has confirmed that it works to take one from another Ranger and swap to the XL.
If you're interested, I did the Sync 3 upgrade on my 2013 F150 and have an extra 8" Sync 3 touch screen from that swap. I can get the part number tomorrow to make sure it would work, but I think it would probably be the same part as the Ranger.

Billho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I would be interested to know if that would fit in a Ranger. Thanks for checking.

bzmotoninja83

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2014 Focus 2000 Explorer 1987 Goldwing
Car-part.com is the junkyard dealer network online for anyone to use. Very handy.
I love that website! I've used it for years

From watching the upgrade videos like 4d tech I know it would have to be programmed the question is if I pulled from another vehicle in the junk yard will the cables fit or does it need adapter as well?

From what I can tell, so far, everyhting is plugand play, with the exception of a few configurations,either the dealer or via forscan, if youre handy

Ciri

First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Any updates on your swap? I been thinking of doing the same thing.
Sponsored