Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Can we not put some of @AzScorpion 's Dee Zee Lucas Damper Conditioner Oil on it and get it to soften up? LOL - In jest but seriously, is there some sort of penetrating oil or conditioner like you put on dash and leather to keep is soft supple and pliable?
Mine still looks great and it bakes all day in the AZ sun while I'm at work. I use the 303 Aerospace Protectant on all my interior trim including the brake boot.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JG3OIF...olid=18AQHC875EVXC&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Working Hands...?
1641214634237.png
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
When I got mine replaced under warranty, I asked if I could have the old one so that I could provide it as a template to a leather shop.

They wouldn't let me keep it as they said Ford wanted it for the warranty claim.

The new one does seem to be a more pliable material than the original and is currently holding up well.

If it cracks again I'll remove it myself and try to get a leather one made.

Jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone removed the boot themselves? Level of dificulty? I'd be happy to be the guinea pig for this project if the boot is fairly easily removable. I was just thinking about this when this posted.
I am also interested in seeing the removal and installation procedure. Mine has been cracked but i never had it replaced. Wouldn't mind sending mine in if i could figure out how to remove and install it.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
When I got mine replaced under warranty, I asked if I could have the old one so that I could provide it as a template to a leather shop.

They wouldn't let me keep it as they said Ford wanted it for the warranty claim.

The new one does seem to be a more pliable material than the original and is currently holding up well.

If it cracks again I'll remove it myself and try to get a leather one made.
Every statement in this post is true for me as well.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I had bookmarked these guys for a future leather replacement - but the site now has no mention of E-Brake boots. ?
E-Brake BOOTS
sent an email.... NOPE!

Last edited:

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I too had mine crack in three places and had it replaced on warranty. Now no more warranty so hopefully it lasts better than the stock one.

My replacement one is now doing the same thing. :angry: :thumbsdown:

Last edited:

Jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I am also interested in seeing the removal and installation procedure. Mine has been cracked but i never had it replaced. Wouldn't mind sending mine in if i could figure out how to remove and install it.
So i went out and answered my own question. I was able to just pull up around the edge of the boot and release the tabs that hold it. Moving the e-brake lever up and down to access the top and bottom of the boot. Once the plastic ring was released, I pulled it so the boot was inside out and the "leather" is able to slip over the brake handle. Surprised that there is no zip tie or anything holding it on, it just sits in a groove in the plastic of the handle.

I just sent an email to redline to see if they are in need if a donor for our trucks.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
So i went out and answered my own question. I was able to just pull up around the edge of the boot and release the tabs that hold it. Moving the e-brake lever up and down to access the top and bottom of the boot. Once the plastic ring was released, I pulled it so the boot was inside out and the "leather" is able to slip over the brake handle. Surprised that there is no zip tie or anything holding it on, it just sits in a groove in the plastic of the handle.

I just sent an email to redline to see if they are in need if a donor for our trucks.
Where's the Double Like button?

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I got mine replaced under warranty - just realized they didn't know how to install it properly. And its the same stiff crappy material. How much more could it cost to use the same material as the shifter boot!?
The company I linked to earlier now says they don't support the Ranger.
Its kinda ridiculous when the boot material is so stiff it restricts the E-brake lever movement.

Last edited:

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Email response was a no go
I got mine replaced under warranty - just realized they didn't know how to install it properly. And its the same stiff crappy material. How much more could i cost to use the same material as the shifter boot!?

Its kinda ridiculous when the boot material is so stiff it restricts the E-brake lever movement.

Will reach out to Redline

Jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase

Update on this I sent in my boot to redline and am now waiting for them to send the new one back.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Update on this I sent in my boot to redline and am now waiting for them to send the new one back.
Awesome!
I got the same reply back - that I could send mine to have a pattern made. As mine is now brand new I will wait for your results.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I sense multiple orders soon, especially if it's easy to replace...
Sponsored