Very Disappointed in Ford Service

Jda1981

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I'm mostly just venting because I know they have me over a barrel.

Back in late October my transmission started doing this surging stuttering type of thing so I dropped it off on November 12th. I noticed something off with it maybe earlier but attributed to the road surface or just being at the exact right conditions for it to be between gears or something. I work for a state land management agency and my actual office is 2 to 3 hours from the house depending on traffic and time of day but it wouldn't really matter if it was right across the street I would still be staying in the field and not in my own bed all week anyway. So on to our story.

Tuesday My Ford service rep called me this to let me know that there is no expected date for my parts to arrive or I guess for my truck to be completed I am unsure of the exact details because I was working on a wildfire at the time and couldn't ask for clarification seeing as how I had other things going on at that exact moment. Last night I was finally released from that fire to get some rest but I'm still on standby to come in this weekend if they can't continue to staff it with local resources. This morning after walking one of my kids to school while one kid stayed home sick because my wife had to take our one functioning car (2010 4runner with 220,000 miles and only needed brakes and belts despite how hard she is on vehicles) into work early. Right now I just got back from riding my bike to Walgreens at 32 degrees because my $40,000 truck is still sitting at the dealer service center 70 days after I dropped it off.

I guess my main question is how long does my truck have to sit before Ford decides that this has become unacceptable and just replaces the entire transmission or truck or something.. I feel like it is ridiculous that I am currently shopping for a used clunker to get by so my wife no longer has to get up at 3 on Monday morning so she can drive 4+ hours to drop me off at my office and be back in time to get to her office the drive another 4 to 5 our round trip to pick me up on Friday. I am fully aware that there are global supply problems but Ford is still selling cars so I don't understand why they don't have the ability to take care of the ones that they have sold an extended warranty on.
Sponsored

Marpater

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Consulting
Sorry to hear of your woes, it really sucks to purchase a vehicle and then have it sit in the shop waiting for some part.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jda1981

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Looked up the state lemon law 2 years or 24000 miles which ever comes first. I'm glad i bought the extended warranty but the funny thing is I thought for sure it would be a problem with the touch screen or adaptive cruse type of issue not the trans

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
70 Days!? You have WAY more patience than I. At the very least they can and should be providing you a loaner.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Looked up the state lemon law 2 years or 24000 miles which ever comes first. I'm glad i bought the extended warranty but the funny thing is I thought for sure it would be a problem with the touch screen or adaptive cruse type of issue not the trans
Then I would be relentless on the phone with Ford.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Maybe contact the Ford customer service line, and tell them what you're up against. I know parts hard hard to come by, but in the amount of time the dealer has had your truck they could have walked to MAP for the parts. Also, as suggested check the Lemon Laws in your state, and mention that to the Customer service rep and the dealer. That may get their asses in gear, and fix your truck. Be safe, and good luck.

OP
OP

Jda1981

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
They did cover most of the rental but after 42 days even though it was only costing $10 a day I couldn't afford it any more. I love my job but I get paid in sunsets and experiences mores so than dollars. Wildland fire doesn't make near what our structure counterparts do.

I have a case with Ford customer care open and the rep there has at least made me fell like she is trying

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I'm mostly just venting because I know they have me over a barrel.

Back in late October my transmission started doing this surging stuttering type of thing so I dropped it off on November 12th. I noticed something off with it maybe earlier but attributed to the road surface or just being at the exact right conditions for it to be between gears or something. I work for a state land management agency and my actual office is 2 to 3 hours from the house depending on traffic and time of day but it wouldn't really matter if it was right across the street I would still be staying in the field and not in my own bed all week anyway. So on to our story.

Tuesday My Ford service rep called me this to let me know that there is no expected date for my parts to arrive or I guess for my truck to be completed I am unsure of the exact details because I was working on a wildfire at the time and couldn't ask for clarification seeing as how I had other things going on at that exact moment. Last night I was finally released from that fire to get some rest but I'm still on standby to come in this weekend if they can't continue to staff it with local resources. This morning after walking one of my kids to school while one kid stayed home sick because my wife had to take our one functioning car (2010 4runner with 220,000 miles and only needed brakes and belts despite how hard she is on vehicles) into work early. Right now I just got back from riding my bike to Walgreens at 32 degrees because my $40,000 truck is still sitting at the dealer service center 70 days after I dropped it off.

I guess my main question is how long does my truck have to sit before Ford decides that this has become unacceptable and just replaces the entire transmission or truck or something.. I feel like it is ridiculous that I am currently shopping for a used clunker to get by so my wife no longer has to get up at 3 on Monday morning so she can drive 4+ hours to drop me off at my office and be back in time to get to her office the drive another 4 to 5 our round trip to pick me up on Friday. I am fully aware that there are global supply problems but Ford is still selling cars so I don't understand why they don't have the ability to take care of the ones that they have sold an extended warranty on.
brother, get them to either replace the truck, give you a loaner or go lemon law asap. its been more than long enough. dont bother with threats of lawyers they could not care less. but texas has good laws for consumers. https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/consumer-protection/lemon-law

silverflash

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XL loaded
Occupation
stuff
to me, this is why you buy a new vehicle! for always having it available even if it needs repairs- they give a loaner free of charge. total crap that you have to go through this. if ford makes one more ranger, they owe you that one or it's trans or whatever part you need. I'd lawyer up at this point. They owe you. it isn't like they have stopped making rangers. They need to service the ones they have already sold and that have a warranty on. That's a legal contract that they are breaching.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
the ford reps always seem nice, it is the job they are paid to do. ive gone rounds with them in the past. this should be a dealer thing. they should be giving you a loaner free. or swapping out the truck imho.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
The real question here: Do you consider yourself a hero? Asking for a friend..