First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Teacher
Headed to NH and VtT this summer. What are some things I need to make sure I have on my list too see?
Sponsored

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
What are you looking to do? 4 wheeling, mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, swimming, brewery tour, scenic drives, historical points of interest, fishing, camping, beach...
There are must do in all categories.

OP
OP
DubVeeRanger

DubVeeRanger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Teacher
What are you looking to do? 4 wheeling, mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, swimming, brewery tour, scenic drives, historical points of interest, fishing, camping, beach...
There are must do in all categories.
Sorry I forgot that very important part. Scenic drives, natural wonders, wildlife, historical points of interest, a day on the beach surf fishing. We're going for 8 days. 1 driving up, one drivi g home, and 6 days too see the sights.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Definitely you want to drive the Kangamanga Pass in NH. At the Lincoln end of the Kangamanga is Franconia Notch where you can visit the Flume, Basin and if you are into such things ride a tram to the top of Cannon mountain. Also in Franconia is the Franconia Sailing Center where you can go for a ride in a glider over the mountains. In Lincoln there is a business that will take you to the top of a mountain where you get to zip line in stages down the mountain.

Further north you can visit Mt Washington. North of Lincoln is Brettonwoods where the Cog Railway goes up to the top of Mt Washington. At the other end of the Kangamangas hi way north of North Conway in Gorham is the Mt Washington Auto road where you can drive to the top of Mt Washington. Note: coming down is hard on your brakes.

I don't go to Vermont often but when we do we like to stay at the Killington ski resort. They have lots of hiking trails, mountain bike trails, gondola to the top of the mountain, they have an alpine slide, zip line, a huge swing, bungee jump and a golf course

I am not a fisherman so I have no recommendations but NH doesn't have much coast line so I am not sure if there are any places to surf fish, you may be better off crossing into Maine for that.

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Definitely you want to drive the Kangamanga Pass in NH. At the Lincoln end of the Kangamanga is Franconia Notch where you can visit the Flume, Basin and if you are into such things ride a tram to the top of Cannon mountain. Also in Franconia is the Franconia Sailing Center where you can go for a ride in a glider over the mountains. In Lincoln there is a business that will take you to the top of a mountain where you get to zip line in stages down the mountain.

Further north you can visit Mt Washington. North of Lincoln is Brettonwoods where the Cog Railway goes up to the top of Mt Washington. At the other end of the Kangamangas hi way north of North Conway in Gorham is the Mt Washington Auto road where you can drive to the top of Mt Washington. Note: coming down is hard on your brakes.

I don't go to Vermont often but when we do we like to stay at the Killington ski resort. They have lots of hiking trails, mountain bike trails, gondola to the top of the mountain, they have an alpine slide, zip line, a huge swing, bungee jump and a golf course

I am not a fisherman so I have no recommendations but NH doesn't have much coast line so I am not sure if there are any places to surf fish, you may be better off crossing into Maine for that.
This hit the nail on the head!!!
If you want coastline options other than beaches, Portsmouth NH is a great place to spend a day or so. Historical area, went on a boat tour (couple of hours only) which was great. And you are walking distance to Kittery Maine. Portsmouth area and Kittery are very walkable from one end to the other.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I rode to Maine in 1978 and on the way home, I took US Hwy 2 from Burlington VT up through the Lake Champlain islands. Beautiful, pastoral, covered bridges, like a Currier & Ives postcard and not crowded.
I continued on into Canada, heading west and crossed back into the US at Niagara Falls.

OP
OP
DubVeeRanger

DubVeeRanger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Teacher
I rode to Maine in 1978 and on the way home, I took US Hwy 2 from Burlington VT up through the Lake Champlain islands. Beautiful, pastoral, covered bridges, like a Currier & Ives postcard and not crowded.
I continued on into Canada, heading west and crossed back into the US at Niagara Falls.
I looked at driving through the islands. Thought it might be pretty. Thanks for the info!

OP
OP
DubVeeRanger

DubVeeRanger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Teacher
Thanks for the info and recommendations everyone. Keep them coming.

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
GF worked in Vermont for about 8 months last year. Cool state with a nice rural setting.
She was about 10 minutes out side Montpelier the capital in Northfield home of Darn Tough Socks, or Berlin depending on who you asked.
On one of my visits we drove to an area called the "northwest kingdom" I believe, it was right near the Canada border.

If you can, go to Maine and Acadia National Park

OP
OP
DubVeeRanger

DubVeeRanger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Teacher
Thanks for all the input. Unfortunately I won't be making any of these destinations.

After 5 1/2 years my girlfriend, who I thought I would marry and spend my life with, has decided we have grown apart and need a break. So instead of working on a relationship and growing together she is ending it. Im trying to salvage my life or just give up on living at this point I'm not sure which I want. I've lost my Church family, my heart. My prospects, and my self respect. Hell just typing it makes me think I need to just give up on life.

Sorry I know none of you have reason too care. Hopefully you can get a good laugh at the pathetic 41 year old loser who got dumped and is whining about it on a forum.

Thanks for all the reccomendatiobs but turns out I don't need the afterall

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Thanks for all the input. Unfortunately I won't be making any of these destinations.

After 5 1/2 years my girlfriend, who I thought I would marry and spend my life with, has decided we have grown apart and need a break. So instead of working on a relationship and growing together she is ending it. Im trying to salvage my life or just give up on living at this point I'm not sure which I want. I've lost my Church family, my heart. My prospects, and my self respect. Hell just typing it makes me think I need to just give up on life.

Sorry I know none of you have reason too care. Hopefully you can get a good laugh at the pathetic 41 year old loser who got dumped and is whining about it on a forum.

Thanks for all the reccomendatiobs but turns out I don't need the afterall
Life happens, Mike. What you didn't mention in your losses was a loss of patience. I'm assuming this is not the first relationship that ended, and there will be another if that is what you want. This relationship was a significant part of your life, but not your whole life. We cannot be completely dependent on someone else for our own happiness and well being As infants, we are totally dependent on parents to supply us with all our needs. But we are prewired to grow away from that until we are able to make choices about what goes on in our lives. Depression and remorse are choices, Mike, and there is help in our lives to guide us back to joy and freedom. This is a good time for some self examination, perhaps with a counselor like a member of the clergy, a psychiatrist or a trusted friend or relative. If you break your arm, you need help getting it fixed and healed. If you break your head or heart, you need help getting those fixed, too; thee's really no difference or shame in any of them.

I had a difficult time as a younger man dealing with a recent divorce and my mother's sudden death in a short time span. I took a motorcycle trip to see some longtime friends that had moved to Maine (the same trip I described VT in an earlier post). Dealing with the rigors, joys, frustrations and serendipitous happenings along the way helped me get out of my own way mentally. My friends helped with some tough love, facing shortcomings that I needed to deal with.
I'm no professional anything, Mike, just a guy on a truck forum that has had some high highs and low lows, and lucky to be alive.
May the Creator of all bless you with what you need today.
Sponsored