Using FORSCAN to increase BLIS range?

BGDOGY

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 crew cab
Does anyone know if it's possible to increase the range of the blind spot monitors and cross traffic using FORSCAN? I know it's possible when pulling a trailer using the controls built in, but I just want a bit more warning even when I'm not pulling a trailer. I got used to my old Mazda, their alerts had more range. I could be backing down the driveway and the Mazda would warn me before I even saw the car, now with the Ranger I have to be practically on top of a car when backing out of the driveway before it goes off. Thanks for any help!
Sponsored

OP
OP
BGDOGY

BGDOGY

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 crew cab
its probably just as easy to do a left and right shoulder check as your backing out or changing lanes. leave the technology as a last ditch warning in case you missed something. Technology fails more often than your eye to brain connection.

How well does the crosstraffic work with kids on scooters shooting down the sidewalks? has anyone experienced a warning before they squashed little Johnny?
On my old Mazda, it was so good that it let me know if there was a squirrel running across my driveway. I like the technology to back up my eyes.