landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Hello,

I have a pair of wireless Bose Ear Buds and when I put them back in there case and plug the USB in to charge in my ranger I get a NON STOP MESSAGE of USB Not Supported. I click "ok" and it comes back....over and over, until I unplug them. Anyway to make this go away?
Sponsored

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I had the same earphones and issue but out of nowhere if fixed itself. I would like to know if there's an actual fix for this though, just in case it happens again.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
As a work around if you have one of those car chargers that plug in to the 12V outlet you could try that. It might stop the problem until you get it sorted out.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

I have a pair of wireless Bose Ear Buds and when I put them back in there case and plug the USB in to charge in my ranger I get a NON STOP MESSAGE of USB Not Supported. I click "ok" and it comes back....over and over, until I unplug them. Anyway to make this go away?
Try plugging them into a 12 volt USB outlet. I charge my phone that way so I don't end up having the android app change my screen.

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I just remembered bose headsets also have updates, check bose app. maybe it would help?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
you could also use the rear usb port instead of the front one, it's charge-only

WLFPIR8

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
whor.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4/Sport in Saber Orange
Occupation
Systems engineer by day, maker and multimedia guru by night.
Vehicle Showcase
Your earbuds are trying to connect to the truck as if it were a PC. Most of those show up as a device on PC for firmware updates and related. As far as the truck is concerned it's trying to connect to a USB thumb drive but it's not working. As others have suggested, either use the charge only ports in the back of the arm rest, or get a USB condom to block the data lines and only power the usb device to charge (Like this https://www.amazon.com/PortaPow-3rd...ae879859136&pd_rd_wg=IYCOK&pd_rd_i=B00T0DW3F8 ).

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
My iPods get that same message now and again; then will connect after try, retry, retry. The port is very sensitive.

GavG Ranger

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Wildtrak
Occupation
FD
Your earbuds are trying to connect to the truck as if it were a PC. Most of those show up as a device on PC for firmware updates and related. As far as the truck is concerned it's trying to connect to a USB thumb drive but it's not working. As others have suggested, either use the charge only ports in the back of the arm rest, or get a USB condom to block the data lines and only power the usb device to charge (Like this https://www.amazon.com/PortaPow-3rd...ae879859136&pd_rd_wg=IYCOK&pd_rd_i=B00T0DW3F8 ).
:crackup: USB Condom, never heard that one :clap:
Sponsored