Unrealistic Delivery Date??

PL8SWPR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT, '18 Mustang GT, '14 Ford Explorer
My truck is being built this week. The Ford vehicle tracking site has today, 2/10 as the "Scheduled For Production" date. They show delivery to my dealer in Virginia in 10 days on 2/21. This truck will also be receiving a factory spray in bed liner.

Is that remotely close to realistic? I didn't expect it until very late Feb or early March and that is what my dealer estimated when they heard this was the production week.

I need to visit my credit union and order the Fox Leveling kit prior to it arriving...
Sponsored

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
My truck is being built this week. The Ford vehicle tracking site has today, 2/10 as the "Scheduled For Production" date. They show delivery to my dealer in Virginia in 10 days on 2/21. This truck will also be receiving a factory spray in bed liner.

Is that remotely close to realistic? I didn't expect it until very late Feb or early March and that is what my dealer estimated when they heard this was the production week.

I need to visit my credit union and order the Fox Leveling kit prior to it arriving...
10 days.....no

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
When did you order it?

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
December 3rd.
Thanks. I can’t add to your post. I was curious as to the build time. Two days ago I ordered my FX4 and was told it would be at least 3 months. Beats the 20 months for my Bronco reservation I am about to cancel.

OP
OP
PL8SWPR

PL8SWPR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I can’t add to your post. I was curious as to the build time. Two days ago I ordered my FX4 and was told it would be at least 3 months. Beats the 20 months for my Bronco reservation I am about to cancel.
I dropped my Mustang off for an oil consumption issue in early September. Dealer ordered an engine replacement (short block). Took over 4 months to get the engine. I am supposed to get it back this week. My Truck order will be faster.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
I dropped my Mustang off for an oil consumption issue in early September. Dealer ordered an engine replacement (short block). Took over 4 months to get the engine. I am supposed to get it back this week. My Truck order will be faster.

Whaaat! That fuggin sux! I’m gonna tak a shot for you now here in sin city. That is a nasty timeline to deal with. I got 2 bikes and 2 cars, and I would hate to loose one for 4 months.

OP
OP
PL8SWPR

PL8SWPR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Checked the site today and both the Production Date of 2/10 and the delivery date of 2/21 have been removed. Still says in production, but has "N/A" for the delivery date. Must be using the same tracking system as the USPS.

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
Checked the site today and both the Production Date of 2/10 and the delivery date of 2/21 have been removed. Still says in production, but has "N/A" for the delivery date. Must be using the same tracking system as the USPS.
Watch out for porch pirates! ?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
That is pretty typical. Since you aren't too far from the factory, it is possible you'll get it by 2/21 (assuming it actually got built yesterday).

I hope you see your new truck soon!

OP
OP
PL8SWPR

PL8SWPR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now it says 2/20, but still shows 'In Production'. Maybe they are air mailing it.

OP
OP
PL8SWPR

PL8SWPR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK. I got something realistic now. They say the truck is now built with a delivery date of March 4th.

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
If I remember right, once my truck was actually built it did not take too long to get it (@2 weeks, maybe less). Since you are a state closer than me I imagine it should be the same for you. Thankfully there was not all this covid junk happening when I got mine. Hardest part was it came in to the dealer Friday afternoon and waiting until Monday to pick it up. Dealer had no one on Saturday to prep it, then they were closed on Sunday. Hang tight, you are almost there. :)

OP
OP
PL8SWPR

PL8SWPR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck has arrived...

So this morning, I log in to the ford tracking site and it shows as delivered 2 days ago (as of last night it said 3/4). Called the dealership and they said it still shows as March 4th for them and it is not there. I notice then that my truck is listed on their page as well.

A couple hours later, the sales manager calls and says it was just dropped off. I didn't answer his call or check the message right away because it came up as out of state. Expecting it next week, I had not secured financing yet from my Credit Union who closes before I would make it there to pick up the check. Need to wait until tomorrow. So, they didn't miss the initial date by much.

Ironically, my Mustang should also be done tomorrow. They must have neglected one of the smaller issues I needed fixed and were expecting that part today. Hopefully I can pick them both up tomorrow.

Will have to drive it off on stock shocks and come back for the Fox kit - I had planned to order that this week so they could install it prior to delivery, which was supposed to be next week.

Last edited:

RogerRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Occupation
Retired

What was the delay between you ordering at the dealer and the order received date on the Ford tracking site?

I ordered on 1/29 but the Ford site shows the order received on 3/5 which seems way too long.

Now the dealer is saying the truck will be here by the end of May which would be 16 weeks after the order, WTH?
Sponsored