Ultra-Long Range Extender Antenna?

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Does anyone have experience with or more information on the Ford range extender antenna? I've found very little in the way of if its an addition to the stock systems remote start or if you need to have one of the additional security modules to utilize the antenna. No install instructions that I can find from other vehicles like the F150 even though this is a universal part.

Any info would be helpful, Thank you!

Part link:
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-remote-start-ultra-long-range-extender-antenna-js7z15603a

Additional information:
http://midwestfordaccessories.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/2018-Remote-Start-Flow-Chart.pdf
Sponsored

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I ordered it so ill be the first to let everyone how how the install goes!

Crismac

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Ranger XLT, 2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Railroad Conductor
I am interested in your install Andy. I am thinking about buying this also. Hope it makes a big difference in range.

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am interested in your install Andy. I am thinking about buying this also. Hope it makes a big difference in range.
I’m curious as to what the stock antenna looks like compared to this extended range one. Are they identical? Or is the extended range one truly a different antenna. There is zero information out there on it so I’ll let everyone know what I find.

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spent some time digging into the dealerships ranger to see where the antenna will mount. It’s not in the same place as the f150. So at this point it’s an unknown.

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have a connection at a dealership to try and access instructions for this antenna? Mine won’t help me.

Jrye22

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn’t every ranger come with the ford pass app? You can start it from anywhere I have started mine from inside the hospital I work at when it was parked 3+ blocks away

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doesn’t every ranger come with the ford pass app? You can start it from anywhere I have started mine from inside the hospital I work at when it was parked 3+ blocks away
Yes, but when there isn’t cell service you can’t start the truck. For example, in the mountains. Having the nearly half a mile range with the addition of the antenna would be great. I’m going to dig into the truck tomorrow.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST 2018 F150 Lariat
Had FordPass on the wife's 2017 and currently have it on her 2018 Escape. IMO, it is buggy and unreliable and seems to not work at the exact time you are really counting on it.

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone know how to find the physical location of the BCM and the RTM? Shop manuals don't have any images on repair or replacement location procedure.

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Just to add to this, twice I have had the truck start and it not return the green flash on the fob to say it was running. One time I was coming back from a hike and figured I was close enough to start, so I hit the button and could actually hear the truck start, but it sent the red flashes for a fail.

So Id say the range of the remote is better than the range of the truck, maybe the antenna will help with this.

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Took the kick panel off and there is not a place to plug in or remove an existing antenna.. removed the glove box, same story, and the drivers side fuse panel, and under the instrument cluster all of them have no existing one wire plugs that match what the antenna is. Maybe ford parts is just wrong and there isn’t an option to install this antenna..?

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I asked my dealer accessories guy about this yesterday. He told me the long-range antenna is for retrofit remote kits only, and is not compatible with factory systems.

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Just to add to this, twice I have had the truck start and it not return the green flash on the fob to say it was running. One time I was coming back from a hike and figured I was close enough to start, so I hit the button and could actually hear the truck start, but it sent the red flashes for a fail.

So Id say the range of the remote is better than the range of the truck, maybe the antenna will help with this.
That has happened to me plenty. I'll press the remote start on my key from my apartment , 1 floor above - underground parking garage, I can hear the vehicle start but returns the red on the key. Almost every time
Sponsored