First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
John,

I hope it’s not a stuck piston or corroded slider - had that on my ‘01 - tried to rebuild it to no avail, kept bugging the bejeezus out of me. Drove me batty because you can only get to it when the planets align. I hope you resolve it soon and that it’s as simple as something embedded in your pad and that your rotor is still fine.

?
Thank you! I'm hopeful! New pads are on the way and will be changed out in a couple of weekends.
Sponsored

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
At 19,000 km on my '20 Ranger and ive had my rear pads/rotos and calipers replaced at the dealership under warranty. I never noticed any sort of issue other then the odd bit of squealing when braking, but the dealer said that the passenger side rear caliper was half seized. They replaced pads/rotors and calipers on both sides and ive noticed the same squealing noise starting from the passenger side rear again. I've put about 6000km on it since. It goes in for an oil change in a week and I will report back what the dealer says.
did you pay the extra money for the bumper to bumper maintenance warranty? My brake had started pulsating when they get hot and my rear pads are just about shot

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
TOMDEE
First NametomJoinedSep 5, 2022Threads1Messages9Reaction score3Locationniagara fallsVehicle(s)2109 lariatOccupationretired

Back to the future.
Sponsored