Reaction score
Website
www.fuelly.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, XLT FX4
Occupation
Aerostructures Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
heres a thought to ponder thats way out in left field like religion, democrats winning the next election, and an actual ED drug that works and is cheap.

suppose we leave all that bad oil and gas in the ground to save the earth.....in theory its a great idea right???? earth saved and generations forever live happily on grass and oats

well, what happens when the tectonic plates continue to move around and a volcano pops up right in the middle of that oil or gas field???? hmmmmm?????

it will be fire and brimstone, burning up whats left of the earth in one big fuck you.

so I say we get ahead of the game, continue to burn what we can, while directing technologies to be as efficient and clean burning as possible.
I'm not too worried about that. There are plenty of ways to kill each other and/or the planet, adding another to the list is like adding another straw to the bale.

Advertisement

Floyd

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 pinto V8, 1995 Mustang GT conv, 2019 SuperCab 2WD Ranger, 2016 Transit Connect
Surface level CO2 impact is a fairly well established canard.
Migration to the upper atmosphere is not scientifically supported.
Perhaps Jet Air traffic could be examined right after Global warming is established as fact.
Certainly there are more pressing stewardship issues which are less politically charged.

Even if everyone drove a hybrid, they would have to quit driving them to the airport if they wished to have a significant impact on CO2 emissions.
How about hydrogen powered dirigibles? :like:

Last edited:
First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 ranger
The only Toyota truck that's worth anything to me are the ones powered by the 22RE engine. Beyond that, they're overhyped and overpriced.
I’ve done enough head gaskets on timing chains on Enough of those to say other wise, I will never own another Toyota again, gf has a 4 runner and I can’t even sit straight in it without my head touching the ceiling.

The truck I run up and down the road everyday averages 5.5-6 mpg so that really wasn’t a concern of mine,

Floyd

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 pinto V8, 1995 Mustang GT conv, 2019 SuperCab 2WD Ranger, 2016 Transit Connect
I’ve done enough head gaskets on timing chains on Enough of those to say other wise, I will never own another Toyota again, gf has a 4 runner and I can’t even sit straight in it without my head touching the ceiling.

The truck I run up and down the road everyday averages 5.5-6 mpg so that really wasn’t a concern of mine,
Me too on the 22RE!

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
My 1987 Yoda never had any major engine issues. Just standard maintenance items.

TacoHawkRanger

First Name
Ray
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Sport; 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Site Developer, USAF
The only Toyota truck that's worth anything to me are the ones powered by the 22RE engine. Beyond that, they're overhyped and overpriced.
I loved the Gen2 Tacoma. That 4.0 was no race engine, but it had plenty of grunt. I used to take it up in the mountains for hours just to trail drive. Had a 1993 22RE Toyota for my first vehicle. Reliable little shit, but passing speed on the highway was a lost cause.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired

a live version of this forum, sitting around a campfire, would have a whole different ambiance and probably alot more laughs, even with the most controversial topics. 🍻
Gotta admit though, a lot of beer would have been snorted out noses over the Pinto/Prius line :sunglasses:

Floyd

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotta admit though, a lot of beer would have been snorted out noses over the Pinto/Prius line :sunglasses:
Maybe after consuming a twelve-pack.:beer::party::puke: