TWO BUCKETS vs ONE BUCKET: What’s the best car wash method?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Here’s a detailed video from Pan showing the best way to wash your vehicle. I know many don’t care and only wash theirs when it rains :shock: but with many here now getting their new Rangers and have bought a foam cannons @subquark (@puckdodger & @SteveH) I thought this would be helpful for them. You can skip the first 35 seconds of his drama trying to be funny.

Sponsored

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
I'm a two bucket guy, but the truck still seems to have swirl marks. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I do love blasting it with foam cannon though, plus it makes one of my neighbors jealous which is even better?

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Two buckets? You gotta pump those numbers up, those are rookie numbers in this racket.

mr.wonderful

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Software Developer
I'm a two bucket guy, but the truck still seems to have swirl marks. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I do love blasting it with foam cannon though, plus it makes one of my neighbors jealous which is even better?
I might know, but let me ask a couple of questions. A lot of my knowledge I've picked up from working with a professional detailer friend of mine (same guy who helped me ceramic my Ranger after I first got it)

1. Are you using grit guards in your buckets? At the very least, do you have one in your clean water bucket?
  2. How old is your wash mitt/wash pad? Over time, even with washing, they can still build stuff up, and they lose their softness in the process
  3. Any microfiber rags you are using for detail spray/APC/Etc, do they have tags attached still?

alan0614

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Lariat, 2017 GT350, 2016 Subaru Legacy
Occupation
Product and Training Manager
Two buckets, grit guard and DI wash/rinse for me. I have a foam cannon but start with a Chemical Guys foam gun if I don't use it.

1F875AB6-67DA-4E00-8658-3CA1386059DA.jpeg

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
its a bucket now??? I couldnt handle the cup.
Yes just like cars the capacities on everything has gone up. There should be a new video about this coming out soon..

RangerVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
I'm too lazy to hand wash and stuff. Local drive through carwash here does a good job. I'll run through that and detail spray something if I have to and shine the tires...I will give it the first 303 coating after I get it back from the body shop.

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
Two buckets, grit guard and DI wash/rinse for me. I have a foam cannon but start with a Chemical Guys foam gun if I don't use it.
Exact same set up, but i also use a dedicated wheel bucket and brush/cloth. Each vehicle has two wash mitts for that vehicle (below and above the beltline). Explaining why I needed a HF Hand truck for my wash kit to the wife was interesting...LOL

I have a McKillans cannon off Amazon that is amazing. Only use it for very dirty days though, not really needed usually. Nice to get the mud and heavy bits off and I use it for customers.

A lot of my friends think i'm crazy for the effort I put into cleaning our cars (I am also a side hustle detailer) but there is no comparison when I park next to them. My '19 and my wife's '14 vehicles have zero swirls.

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s a detailed video from Pan showing the best way to wash your vehicle. I know many don’t care and only wash theirs when it rains :shock: but with many here now getting their new Rangers and have bought a foam cannons @subquark (@puckdodger & @SteveH) I thought this would be helpful for them. You can skip the first 35 seconds of his drama trying to be funny.

Paying someone else to do it... ?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

1F875AB6-67DA-4E00-8658-3CA1386059DA.jpeg
That's pretty much my set up with a Trinova foam cannon. Using this method I've never had any swirl marks or scratches.

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
One bucket with grit guard. Wolfgang SI02 waterless wash and a few microfiber rags. Never had problems with swirls.
Sponsored