First Name
char & tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL FX4 Supercab
Occupation
Healthcare
we have a 2019 XL. we like to leave the liftgate and occasionally doors open and would like to be able to manually turn off the bed illumination lamp.

Is there a way to do this manually that I can’t figure out?

If not, anybody have any recommendations about how to access a wire where I could put in my own interrupt switch?
Sponsored

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
dont they gradually turn off after time?
check the info in the cluster and adjust your light delay to the shortest time.
Yes, they do turn off by themselves but I don't know how long it takes.
From the 2019 manual:
Note: The cargo lamps gradually turn off after a period of time.

I suppose a manual switch could be added to turn them off sooner.

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
It takes about 10 minutes for the cargo lamp and anything wired to it to turn off. Or 3 mph in drive. I moved my bed lights from the dome light wire to the cargo light wire and tested it.

WhiteLightning19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Use forscan to enable dark mode? That kills dome lights and cargo lights. In my Lariat I can toggle the setting in the IPC menu.

OP
OP
charwest

charwest

First Name
char & tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL FX4 Supercab
Occupation
Healthcare
Use forscan to enable dark mode? That kills dome lights and cargo lights. In my Lariat I can toggle the setting in the IPC menu.
Hm. Tell me more about 'forscan'? we have an XL without a lot of bells and whistles, but if there is some back door way to make some software updates, id be interested to know.

Currently the cargo light stays on unacceptably long, maybe permanently if the doors are open. We camp frequnetly and like to leave the doors open in camp but not stare at the cargo lighting or burn battery life.

I havent bothered to check how long they stay on. Im thinking about removing the bulbs completely, but if there is an easy fix im all ears.

I was thinking that wiring in an in-line switch if there is an accessible wire would be a good option for the few times i do want cargo lighting.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Forscan is a combination of a hardware tool that plugs into a laptop and your OBDII port and the Forscan software. http://www.forscan.org
Sponsored