Tunners and the Stages

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Vehicle Showcase
As i have a stage-2+ Audi A4 and appreciate the work that tuners have to go through to bring them to market.

If possible it would help people choose tunes based on what the manufactures recommend to achieve the most performance out of there offering. Below is a list that most in the Audi market use for there tunes as they make augments based on the various bolt on components.

If this is off base then please have the moderators remove this from further discussion.

Stage-1
Normally address the de-rated programming of the ecu.

Stage-2
More aggressive ECU mapping
HFC Downpipe
recommend a Inter cooler and Piping
Cold Air/ High Flow Air filter
HFC Downpipe
recommend a Diverter valve upgrade
recommend a cat back exhaust

Stage 3
More aggressive ECU mapping
Larger Turbo
HFC Downpipe
Inter cooler and Piping
Cold Air/ High Flow Air filter
HFC Downpipe
Diverter valve upgrade
CAT back exhaust
Coil packs
Specific Spark Plugs
Sponsored

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
I could get behind this!
Being new to the ""truck world" and the EcoBoost engine.... I am learning tho. Too new I presume but there is documentated info on what these current tunes do.

Interesting! I used to have an APR tuned stage 3 Audi TT 225q (380 bhp w/ Devils water meth inj kit). It was a torque monster but it has been dropped in this humble stable for quite some time. What a blast it was and certainly brings back memories! Currently have a Lotus Evora and an aftermarket supercharged Elise with tons of fun bits for the road in its place.

I too would like to see some "stage" profiles for tunes and mods. If not for anything, to make it simplified and straightforward.