Tuned by Ford Fox 2.0 Coilovers are different than aftermarket Fox 2.0 kit

azdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
System Administrator I
Both the FPP and Fox kits come with Eibach springs. But they do come with different springs
Sponsored

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Question for the Fourm, I got the fox Ford performance installed a couple months back and I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that it’s a fox/eibach colab. All the photos I had seen on here do NOT have Eibach logo on the springs, but mine does.

F15F7C94-5976-4714-8EFB-8AD0EAA91862.jpeg

Mine has the same logos. its the FPP set. but they are only on one side, so depending on how the installer orients the top you may not see the logos

IMG_1263 2.jpeg

JJ101

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Admin Type. U.S. Navy (Retired)
I was going to go with the Ford/Fox to level (leave the rear at the stock height) but after reading this thread I’m second guessing. Is there a reason why some don’t want it lifted in the front to level it out? I just left the dealer after getting a quote including install…..then saw this thread. Lol

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
I was going to go with the Ford/Fox to level (leave the rear at the stock height) but after reading this thread I’m second guessing. Is there a reason why some don’t want it lifted in the front to level it out? I just left the dealer after getting a quote including install…..then saw this thread. Lol

Well the Ford/Fox set did raise the front of my vehicle by 2.5". there is a rake of less than 3/4" front to rear after the install. this was over the FX4 suspension.

JJ101

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Well the Ford/Fox set did raise the front of my vehicle by 2.5". there is a rake of less than 3/4" front to rear after the install. this was over the FX4 suspension.
As long as the front is a bit lower after the install I’d be fine. I just saw a Tacoma that looked an inch or two higher in the front.

JJ101

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
A bit lower than the back end of the truck. I need more coffee

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
As long as the front is a bit lower after the install I’d be fine. I just saw a Tacoma that looked an inch or two higher in the front.

Personally not big on the riding like a motor boat with the bow in the air! plus, a little rake is good if you do plan to load the bed or use a trailer.

as a side note,, I installed them myself with the help of a friend. I still had to spend $100 for an alignment. It wasnt a huge job, but looking back, anything around $400-500 for an install, if it includes alignment, would be a bargain in my book.

JJ101

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
They were taking $200 for the install and $1450 for the parts. Alignment would be another $90.

Yeah, no bow in the air. Thanks for the info!!

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
They were taking $200 for the install and $1450 for the parts. Alignment would be another $90.

I would jump on that deal. $200 to install is cheap. $1450 is the going price for FPP 2.0. you might save a buck or two really searching, but I doubt the same dealer would offer $200 to install them if you buy elsewhere. and $90 for the alignment is fair too.

azdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
System Administrator I

I would jump on that price. You're not going to find it for a lower price anywhere else.

JJ101

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
I would jump on that price. You're not going to find it for a lower price anywhere else.
There’s a place that sells just the front Fox 2.0 coilovers for $900. Has anyone done this? For leveling isn’t that all you really need? I’m not going to do “major” off-roading / rock crawling.

Phessor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Crew Cab
Vehicle Showcase
Question for the Fourm, I got the fox Ford performance installed a couple months back and I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that it’s a fox/eibach colab. All the photos I had seen on here do NOT have Eibach logo on the springs, but mine does.

F15F7C94-5976-4714-8EFB-8AD0EAA91862.jpeg
I just ordered the Fox 2.0 kit and it came with Fox springs. I was looking at a coworkers Ranger today who installed the Fox/Ford front coil overs and his has Eibach springs.
My shocks have 3.4375" of threads below the adjustment nut and his has 2" of threads showing.
I haven't installed mine yet and it will be a few weeks before I get to it. My coworker claims a 2" increase in front height was obtained.

OP
OP
NvrFinished

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
I just ordered the Fox 2.0 kit and it came with Fox springs. I was looking at a coworkers Ranger today who installed the Fox/Ford front coil overs and his has Eibach springs.
My shocks have 3.4375" of threads below the adjustment nut and his has 2" of threads showing.
I haven't installed mine yet and it will be a few weeks before I get to it. My coworker claims a 2" increase in front height was obtained.
I believe the difference in height below the adjustment nut is due to the Ford Fox springs being 2" longer than the aftermarket Fox kit.

Phessor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Crew Cab
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the difference in height below the adjustment nut is due to the Ford Fox springs being 2" longer than the aftermarket Fox kit.
I was wondering that myself
Sponsored