First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Most stupid mod I've seen. If I wanted an F150 I'd buy one. Oh that's right they can't get them over there.

Bad enough the 6G is 2 inches bigger than the 5G. :confused: Now they will need to make the F150 bigger again. When will it stop?:facepalm:

OP
OP
TheBadger

TheBadger

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 STX Crew 4Ă—4
Occupation
Union Pipefitter
Aww, no like 14 thred? I searched TTS Hypersport and found nothing on here. But get this, some people will choose to simply ignore what they think is a redundant thread! Rumor has it many of those people have better things to do.

Pros: Raptor that fits in my garage, trip to Thailand.

Cons: Divorce, truck will just get scratched up in the brambles again, probably try and jump it.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Most stupid mod I've seen. If I wanted an F150 I'd buy one. Oh that's right they can't get them over there.

Bad enough the 6G is 2 inches bigger than the 5G. :confused: Now they will need to make the F150 bigger again. When will it stop?:facepalm:
Hi Lee,

Yep...was at Ford for the birth of the first Ranger....Tiny little truck compared to 5G...Was part of the process for growth spurts... The critical one was cab length for the Regular Cab. Marketing did a bunch of clinics and it was determined that the Regular Cab was 3" too short so the growth was one and next Gen was 3" longer and it tested well...but the trend continues...only difference was the handoff to Ford of Australia...

Anyone watch the growth of the very cool 57 T Bird....Thunderchicken got huge...

Best,
Phil

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
Is it a F-150 Raptor? No? …. Then no.

This is like putting Cobra emblems on a regular GT mustang but on a much bigger scale.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
Agreed. Just more mall crawler BS.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman

Bad enough the 6G is 2 inches bigger than the 5G. :confused: Now they will need to
Aww, no like 14 thred? I searched TTS Hypersport and found nothing on here. But get this, some people will choose to simply ignore what they think is a redundant thread! Rumor has it many of those people have better things to do.

Pros: Raptor that fits in my garage, trip to Thailand.

Cons: Divorce, truck will just get scratched up in the brambles again, probably try and jump it.
I'm here. Obviously I don't have anything better to do.

Search skills or not, the article you linked to is from June of 2020. First thread about it was 2 years ago.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...pickup-truck-the-f-150-raptor-treatment.6050/

A tip, don't use the forum's search engine. Use Google, DuckDuckGo, or whatever you prefer.

I can save you the trip to Thailand, it's full of professional ladybois and race inspired cosmetic enhancements.

I'm sorry if it's harsh, but weeding through the barrage of "What size tire can I fit," "Which tuner is best," "Should I get a spacer level or coilover level," and "you guys got to see this" threads makes it hard to find the real content sometimes.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Is it a F-150 Raptor? No? …. Then no.

This is like putting Cobra emblems on a regular GT mustang but on a much bigger scale.
Wouldn't it be a SMALLER scale?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Hi Lee,

Yep...was at Ford for the birth of the first Ranger....Tiny little truck compared to 5G...Was part of the process for growth spurts... The critical one was cab length for the Regular Cab. Marketing did a bunch of clinics and it was determined that the Regular Cab was 3" too short so the growth was one and next Gen was 3" longer and it tested well...but the trend continues...only difference was the handoff to Ford of Australia...

Anyone watch the growth of the very cool 57 T Bird....Thunderchicken got huge...

Best,
Phil
Shared a platform with the Mark IV Continental, quite the boat.

The 7.0L only produced 215 HP, and 327 lb-ft as well. Versus Godzilla's 430/475.

Most of this bloat is due to customer demand, right? At a certain point we will have to find big enough. It sucks for those of us who prefer smaller vehicles, but I can't blame automakers for trying to make money.