TSB: 19-2052 - 2019 Ranger - Engine Cold Start Runs Rough / Rough Shifting Transmission

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
been reading thru this and noticing that anyone who has had dealerships kind of going around the tsb and addressing "other issue" you all have just been taking your business elsewhere. I should be able to go into the ford dealership and get this done with an hour or so correct?

This is the run around a dealer I contacted is giving me
"Depending on whats going on because it can be one of a few issues. We just need to get it to come in to be diagnosed first and foremost. In all hopes its something minor, we may possibly need it for a while depending on the issue at hand. "

Should I just take my business somewhere else at this point for solely the TSB? Ranger was built pre feb 11
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

If you specifically request the work per the TBS, I am baffled as to why they refuse to give the customer what they wish. The dealership is getting paid by Ford to do the work. My local Ford dealership is problematic, so I drive 40 miles to a much more trusted dealership.
Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co Retired

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

If you specifically request the work per the TBS, I am baffled as to why they refuse to give the customer what they wish. The dealership is getting paid by Ford to do the work. My local Ford dealership is problematic, so I drive 40 miles to a much more trusted dealership.
Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co Retired
Yep specifically requested that exact tsb. just scheduled with another dealership. we'll see how it goes

Marc F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4
been reading thru this and noticing that anyone who has had dealerships kind of going around the tsb and addressing "other issue" you all have just been taking your business elsewhere. I should be able to go into the ford dealership and get this done with an hour or so correct?

"Depending on whats going on because it can be one of a few issues. We just need to get it to come in to be diagnosed first and foremost. In all hopes its something minor, we may possibly need it for a while depending on the issue at hand. "

Should I just take my business somewhere else at this point for solely the TSB? Ranger was built pre feb 11
I'm curious what dealer in Denver this was? I'm in Denver as well and looking to have this done. I had mine at Freeway ford for some other (warranty) service a couple months ago and was satisfied with that experience.

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious what dealer in Denver this was? I'm in Denver as well and looking to have this done. I had mine at Freeway ford for some other (warranty) service a couple months ago and was satisfied with that experience.
good to know, that was sil ter har (they seem like a very high end ford dealership since they sell all kinds of vehicles and just don't care, closest dealer to where I live) and just booked an online appointment at o'meara, with the tsb noted so hope when I get there they will actually do it...

Jeffrey

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co Retired
Phil, Ford told me the “That all recalls and updates are VIN specific” if that’s true shouldn’t Ford make the customer aware through their app or e-mail?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Phil, Ford told me the “That all recalls and updates are VIN specific” if that’s true shouldn’t Ford make the customer aware through their app or e-mail?
Hi Jeffery,

There is a difference between a TBS and a recall. Recall is mailed to the address on record. A TBS addresses a customer complaint that only some customers will experience. Some customers will not have a concern with shift quality for example. Make sense?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co Retired

Marc F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4
good to know, that was sil ter har (they seem like a very high end ford dealership since they sell all kinds of vehicles and just don't care, closest dealer to where I live) and just booked an online appointment at o'meara, with the tsb noted so hope when I get there they will actually do it...
Great. Let me know how it goes!

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport

Even my dealership (which has been good to me so far) wanted to keep it for an entire day (8a-3p). I think they get reimbursed for diagnosis time, and it can help them make regular warranty work a little more profitable.

They determined that my pulsing brakes was caused by a rear axle "out of spec", so ordered me a new drivers side shaft to be replaced under warranty. I let them know there was already a TSB for that, and they said "we performed the TSB procedure, but still think the axle needs to be changed".

Whatever, it's free, and I'm going to get them to give me an F150 for a demo during the work.

Jeffrey

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Jeffery,

There is a difference between a TBS and a recall. Recall is mailed to the address on record. A TBS addresses a customer complaint that only some customers will experience. Some customers will not have a concern with shift quality for example. Make sense?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co Retired
Good to know, thanks.
Jeff

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCrew Ranger XLT, FX4, Hot Pepper Red, Tow PKG, Chrome Appearance PKG, Technology PKG
Occupation
Cyber Junk
So I had the latest TSB done which the dealer stated was new, post the one stated in the prior comments. The invoice that I had received did not state the date of the TSB or I would post it here. The date of the repair was 6/20/19. My Ranger was in the shop 15 days, me with a brand new loaner f150. I had the P02EF code that was stated in previously in many forums. Everything is now working perfectly, after calling Ford corporate, they provided the extended warranty for free due to the time in shop. Very professional response from Ford, very informative crew working on my vehicle at the dealership. Not upset or surprised. It is a brand new Motor/Truck combo. Their response was awesome. Us NEWBYS buying this truck should know that these things happen.

Ranger's My Middle Name

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F350
I was told by my dealer that the TSB would show up in the Ford My Pass app. Any thoughts on that? I know that my vehicle was built before Feb, and nothing shows up in My Pass.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I was told by my dealer that the TSB would show up in the Ford My Pass app. Any thoughts on that? I know that my vehicle was built before Feb, and nothing shows up in My Pass.
Only recalls show up in the app, you will need to bring your Ranger in with the TSB #.

Was your truck built before February 11th, 2019? If not they won’t apply the TSB to your Ranger.

Ranger's My Middle Name

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F350
Update. My dealer ran (and is sending me) a copy of my vehicle's Oasis report. I hope that this would show whether my vehicle would need this PCM flash or not. p.s. my pickup was built on January 15th.
Sponsored