Trying to give back without the inordante time to review every post.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Been pondering this for a while handling my life's load. So here is my proposal as discussed with the moderators to continue supporting these forums without having to read every post. I am here to help when I can. So I am enabling a setting that if in your post, you mention me, I am notified but otherwise not. I wish to keep this to needing help...not my thoughts on running 1" wheel spacers vs. Âľ" spacers. If it works...I am a happy camper, if not I turn it off and go back to logging in a couple times a week or less.

Life had dealt me a hand that has refocused my time... Not Margie's or my health at this time (Margie turned 80 a week ago) but things that occur when you are in more than one area like Margie and I are....Both being artists and active in other hobbies have refocused us as well as we are both slowing down... I cannot be in the shop for 40 hours a week... My jewelry business has taken off and I have to put the brakes on it too... Margie and I need cocktail time on the patio or inside if too hot or cold. Margie and my time together in this life becomes more precious as we approach our final earthly destination...

Hope you understand.

Let's make this work...I am here to help if I can... Any backstories from help will continue if my feeble mind can recall...

BTW...Tito is doing well...bulking up for the coming burmation for the winter months. He is eating a ton of kale...and strawberry deserts...

Tito2_1.jpg

Best,
Phil
Sponsored

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Thanks for your time Phil. Hey do I remember you saying you have friends at Team Ford service department in Vegas? I think I remember you saying they’re top notch there. I may be taking in my Ranger to them soon for a vibration I can’t get figured out. Get it at 40 and 70 mph. Some days I barely feel it, some days it’s bad. It’s weird. Tire shop said balancing is good.

OP
OP
P. A. Schilke

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for your time Phil. Hey do I remember you saying you have friends at Team Ford service department in Vegas? I think I remember you saying they’re top notch there. I may be taking in my Ranger to them soon for a vibration I can’t get figured out. Get it at 40 and 70 mph. Some days I barely feel it, some days it’s bad. It’s weird. Tire shop said balancing is good.
Hi Steve,

The owner of Team Ford raced in off road racing for me. He is a top notch guy and I think his management structure is geared to serve the customer. Steve Olligas is his name.

Difficult when a vibration comes and goes...tires are likely not the cause per se...but not to be ruled out. Need to assess the vibration frequency to understand from where the excitation force for this vibration originates. Likely not driveline either. Coming and going focuses on the suspension and vehicle loading in my opinion... Anyway...get the frequency so we can track the possible excitation source...Good Luck!

Best,
Phil

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Phil, so happy that even if part time you can contribute. I think I speak for most of us, your input on more than one occasion has shown wisdom beyond measure. That’s not something that is easily found, especially today.

When time allows hearing your back stories is something that I personally cherish. By not sharing the possibility of it being lost forever is evident.

Without a doubt, you just made my day!

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Phil, I think I can speak for all of us when I say we're happy with whatever level of contribution you're willing and able to provide. You can provide valuable insight on topics that none of the rest of us have a clue on; most notable Tito, but also about Rangers, engineering problems, and automobiles in general.

I look forward to your posts, however sporadic they may be. But most important, please take care of yourself, your family, and your relationships

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Good on ya Phil!

I was going to comment to you a few times recently regarding Tito, but decided not to create notifications for you, as you had said you were leaving.

Now I just want to stick @ P hil in every post, lol.

Tito is amazing. I dug a large pond on my property hoping to attract some local wild turtles, but apparently it's not homie enough yet, lol.

OP
OP
P. A. Schilke

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Good on ya Phil!

I was going to comment to you a few times recently regarding Tito, but decided not to create notifications for you, as you had said you were leaving.

Now I just want to stick @ P hil in every post, lol.

Tito is amazing. I dug a large pond on my property hoping to attract some local wild turtles, but apparently it's not homie enough yet, lol.
Hi Jay,

We brought Tito into the house for comfort as it was 105°....we did this yesterday too. He sits on my lap while I rub his shell....about 20 to 30 minutes before he starts to move...sometimes he falls asleep. I then park him at a large plate of Kale and he spents about 30 minutes chowing down..amazing how much he eats. Then a cut up strawberry in a little dish which is his desert. That is usually followed by a nose bump between me and him and he ambles off to the right side of our Ice Box where he spends the night.... About 10am he will want to be outside again and the cycle repeats until the weather cools a bit....heat stresses them and there is cool tile floor in the house...

Pix from a minute ago.....

Titoliquorcabinet1.jpg

Best,
Phil

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
Phil - glad to see you pop in here from time to time. ?

OP
OP
P. A. Schilke

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So basically only use the @ function if you need help with some serious stuff?

I think we can manage that. Thanks for stopping by.

Say hi to Tito and Margie.
Hi Doug,

Correct if it works at the moderators suggest... I should get notices of a request for help and be able to directly address the post without weeding through all the other posts... Hope it works! If not will see if there are refinements...

Best,
Phil

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hi Folks,

Been pondering this for a while handling my life's load. So here is my proposal as discussed with the moderators to continue supporting these forums without having to read every post. I am here to help when I can. So I am enabling a setting that if in your post, you mention me, I am notified but otherwise not. I wish to keep this to needing help...not my thoughts on running 1" wheel spacers vs. Âľ" spacers. If it works...I am a happy camper, if not I turn it off and go back to logging in a couple times a week or less.

Life had dealt me a hand that has refocused my time... Not Margie's or my health at this time (Margie turned 80 a week ago) but things that occur when you are in more than one area like Margie and I are....Both being artists and active in other hobbies have refocused us as well as we are both slowing down... I cannot be in the shop for 40 hours a week... My jewelry business has taken off and I have to put the brakes on it too... Margie and I need cocktail time on the patio or inside if too hot or cold. Margie and my time together in this life becomes more precious as we approach our final earthly destination...

Hope you understand.

Let's make this work...I am here to help if I can... Any backstories from help will continue if my feeble mind can recall...

BTW...Tito is doing well...bulking up for the coming burmation for the winter months. He is eating a ton of kale...and strawberry deserts...

Tito2_1.jpg

Best,
Phil
Love you, Phil!

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
I don't think anyone was expecting you read each and every post on these forums. If people mention you and you can offer insight, that's already a very gracious offer to volunteer.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Hi Doug,

Correct if it works at the moderators suggest... I should get notices of a request for help and be able to directly address the post without weeding through all the other posts... Hope it works! If not will see if there are refinements...

Best,
Phil
I'm sure it will.

BTW, no wonder you had such success @ Ford. I can only imagine the dedication you showed a paying job after seeing your diligence here.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I do understand Phil, and thank you for your offer. As we get more mature (r.e.older) we learn to reprioritize what is important in life. I have, that's for sure. Enjoy your time with your lovely bride, and of course Tito. Do the things you want too do, and nothing you don't want too do. And don't you worry about us one bit. We're big girls and boys, and we should be able to take care of our problems without bothering you about every little noise our trucks make. Enjoy the ride my friend. You've paid your dues, and deserve the good life.
Sponsored