Truck would not start

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Yesterday I parked my truck and all was fine. Went into the store and came out about an hour later. Unlocked it and put my foot on the brake and pressed the start button. The dash ran through a list of about 5 items that needed to be serviced (adaptive cruse, lane keep system, etc) and gave me the limp mode wrench and said "see manual." I hit the start button a few times and the truck wouldn't start yet. I got out of the truck and locked/unlocked the doors and got in and it started just fine. Talk about a oh sh!t moment!! Anyone else ever have this issue?
Sponsored

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday I parked my truck and all was fine. Went into the store and came out about an hour later. Unlocked it and put my foot on the brake and pressed the start button. The dash ran through a list of about 5 items that needed to be serviced (adaptive cruse, lane keep system, etc) and gave me the limp mode wrench and said "see manual." I hit the start button a few times and the truck wouldn't start yet. I got out of the truck and locked/unlocked the doors and got in and it started just fine. Talk about a oh sh!t moment!! Anyone else ever have this issue?
Didn't have the Specific issue, but DID get those Warnings while I was driving recently!
Must be a bad sensor or something. I haven't had the issue since then.
Here's my Thread on that! https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/just-some-of-the-warnings-i-got-today.2771/

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase

OK, I know this is not related....BUT

My Jeep has the push button/auto/remote start. This has happened probably about 7 times since I bought it new in September. Dealer has no fix. I have found if I am slow and deliberate....push brake fully. Take a breath. Push button firmly. do not rush or halfass it. Does not seem to happen.

One of the many reasons why I ordered the Ranger I did. I would rather just have a key.

OP
OP
Beef_Stew

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
OP
OP
Beef_Stew

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
OK, I know this is not related....BUT

My Jeep has the push button/auto/remote start. This has happened probably about 7 times since I bought it new in September. Dealer has no fix. I have found if I am slow and deliberate....push brake fully. Take a breath. Push button firmly. do not rush or halfass it. Does not seem to happen.

One of the many reasons why I ordered the Ranger I did. I would rather just have a key.
That's what I thought too. Maybe I didn't quite get the brake pedal and button sequence done smooth enough for the truck
Sponsored