Tremor squat?

Rebel13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ranger tremor
Occupation
Truck driver
Hey I'm trying to decide on the 1 or 2 inch level kits from rangerlifts. I know the truck would look better with the 2 but am afraid it would have to much squat while towing or hauling. Anyone have experience with that? Also does anyone have before and after measurements with these kits? My truck is 2 3/4 inch difference. And lastly does raisig the front lower the rear at all hence the before and after measurements. Thanks in advance for any help
Sponsored

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Raising the front will lower the rear bumper because the rear axle acts as a fulcrum. However the ride height should remain mostly unchanged. Slightly more weight towards the back might lower it a touch but unlikely. What do you plan on towing or hauling? You could test it out as is and see how much squat you get.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i think a one inch would do it. keeps a little rake for towing still. at two it would squat i bet.

OP
OP

Rebel13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ranger tremor
Occupation
Truck driver
My towing varies in weights and frequency. Sometimes the trailer with motorcycles on. Sometimes the mowers sometimes coal and sometimes a camper. Haven't done any of it with this truck yet cause the need hasn't happened yet but it will when spring and summer get here. So if I did the 2. Inch leveling how much drop for you think the tail would have?

OP
OP

Rebel13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ranger tremor
Occupation
Truck driver
i think a one inch would do it. keeps a little rake for towing still. at two it would squat i bet.
That's what I'm afraid of and trying to avoid yet someone from rangerlifts emailed me back saying that the 2 would be perfect that the amount of squat would be negligible. Been hoping someone with real world experience would chime in and be able to tell me.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
I generally tow between 5-7k lbs and try to get around 10% of that as tongue weight. On my stock Tremor, it is level with that kind of tongue weight.

Edit:. I just passed 13k miles and mine is just barely 2 inches higher on back. I don't remember what it was when new, but yours seems a bit higher in back.

Last edited:

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
That's what I'm afraid of and trying to avoid yet someone from rangerlifts emailed me back saying that the 2 would be perfect that the amount of squat would be negligible. Been hoping someone with real world experience would chime in and be able to tell me.
i guess it depends on how much you are towing and how loaded the truck is. the ranger lift guy is a member here so i would trust his info as he has likely tried the products himself ahead of selling them.

OP
OP

Rebel13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ranger tremor
Occupation
Truck driver
i guess it depends on how much you are towing and how loaded the truck is. the ranger lift guy is a member here so i would trust his info as he has likely tried the products himself ahead of selling them.
Think he has towed with a 2 inch level on the tremor? If so that would be good news. Wouldn't want to do it then have to add a block later or an air bag assist.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
you could ask him here @rangerlifts

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Not sure it it's a direct comparison, but here is my truck with Tremor leafs/Bilstein shocks in the rear and Bilsteins at 1.8 inch level in the front.

Trailer + Jeep is between 5500-6000 lbs. This is a U-Haul car carrier so you can't really adjust the tongue weight, and the Jeep is up against the front stops so tongue weight is likely a bit more than ideal would be.

It has the inline 6 so most of the Jeep weight is in front of the trailer tires.

Fairly level with maybe a slight squat? Angle of the picture makes it hard to tell. I should've measured it.

It towed effortlessly up and down the mountains. No sway, no shudder, no drama.

I kept it at 60mph or below but 60mph up the mountain was a breeze. It could've easily gone faster.

IMG_1994.jpeg

And stance without a trailer.

IMG_1857.jpeg

OP
OP

Rebel13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ranger tremor
Occupation
Truck driver
Not sure it it's a direct comparison, but here is my truck with Tremor leafs/Bilstein shocks in the rear and Bilsteins at 1.8 inch level in the front.

Trailer + Jeep is between 5500-6000 lbs. This is a U-Haul car carrier so you can't really adjust the tongue weight, and the Jeep is up against the front stops so tongue weight is likely a bit more than ideal would be.

It has the inline 6 so most of the Jeep weight is in front of the trailer tires.

Fairly level with maybe a slight squat? Angle of the picture makes it hard to tell. I should've measured it.

It towed effortlessly up and down the mountains. No sway, no shudder, no drama.

I kept it at 60mph or below but 60mph up the mountain was a breeze. It could've easily gone faster.

IMG_1994.jpeg

And stance without a trailer.

IMG_1857.jpeg
r
Based on that if you are level to start then maybe the 2 inch would work. Since I am 2.75 inch higher in the rear that would give me still .75 after lifting and based on your weights and set up there if I did have that squat wouldn't be much at all. Nice truck by the way. Like those wheels on the white truck

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Hey I'm trying to decide on the 1 or 2 inch level kits from rangerlifts. I know the truck would look better with the 2 but am afraid it would have to much squat while towing or hauling. Anyone have experience with that? Also does anyone have before and after measurements with these kits? My truck is 2 3/4 inch difference. And lastly does raisig the front lower the rear at all hence the before and after measurements. Thanks in advance for any help
I use the 1" Ranger Lifts plates for the Tremor on my non-Tremor FX-4 Ranger and I find them perfect. I do use Eibachs all around, but I have them set at stock height to preserve travel. On the Tremor which is already a little higher in the front than an FX-4 I believe they would be even better. I think 2 or 2.5 might be too much and squat with a load more than you want.

OP
OP

Rebel13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ranger tremor
Occupation
Truck driver
I use the 1" Ranger Lifts plates for the Tremor on my non-Tremor FX-4 Ranger and I find them perfect. I do use Eibachs all around, but I have them set at stock height to preserve travel. On the Tremor which is already a little higher in the front than an FX-4 I believe they would be even better. I think 2 or 2.5 might be too much and squat with a load more than you want.
Wonder how close set up is? Hate to have buyers remorse then have to buy other set later not to mention the install

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger