Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
From my Retiree newsletter

Tremor_600x300.jpg

Ranger Tremor Production Begins
Production began this week on the first Ranger Tremors at Michigan Assembly Plant.
Customers can expect to see trucks hitting dealer lots in the coming weeks.
Sponsored

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
They say they won't sell Tremor parts outside of the package, cause I want to upfitter switch panel for the dash, but I don't see how thats possible. Parts break and have to be replaced. So what is to stop me from walking into parts department with part number and ordering one.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase

HBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
They say they won't sell Tremor parts outside of the package, cause I want to upfitter switch panel for the dash, but I don't see how thats possible. Parts break and have to be replaced. So what is to stop me from walking into parts department with part number and ordering one.
If that's the case then that's absolute bs. Coming from VW/Audi I'm used to hunting for euro part numbers for the euro specific parts that VW/Audi makes. I'm pretty surprised we don't the part numbers for everything already and that we have to wait for them to be sold to get the part numbers.

Jon S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew
the switch panel is awesome BUT just remember there is a relay box that goes under the hood for connections to relays. Install may be tricky. The switches from ford are very low amp rating. You also would need the relay box, any brackets & wire harness. The F150 is set same way....relay and light connections are all under hood.

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
Can't we just get a vin from a sticker and order the parts?

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
if they dont ask for a VIN you might get lucky
but i bet parts will be flagged in the system for that
As they should be. Or why have different models. Just make a base with a bunch of available adds. They are trying to protect and give incentive to purchase certain models or series. If everyone can mod to a tremor, why have the trim pkg group as it would no longer be anything unique or special.

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
From my Retiree newsletter

Tremor_600x300.jpg

Ranger Tremor Production Begins
Production began this week on the first Ranger Tremors at Michigan Assembly Plant.
Customers can expect to see trucks hitting dealer lots in the coming weeks.
And they started showing up in ford ads this week too.

OP
OP
P. A. Schilke

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

You have to understand that simply ordering Tremor parts may not address what is behind the production of a different model. It may start on the Trim Line with brackets, wiring etc that is installed with different fastners or techniques. Following the trim is the chassis line where chassis related parts are installed, unique to Tremor...then to the final line where the body meets the chassis and wheels and tires and some trim like decals etc may be installed. So to order springs for example or front suspension may take some research. The company seems to have taken parts for Tremor into a separate arena that is vehicle specific at this time...not unusual...Mustang had done this too....You cannot make a GT500 out of a base Mustang very easily if at all.

Watch for Ford Performance to start offering some interchangeable parts in the future. Trying to Outfox the system will likely lead to frustration. Give it time as things will change.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

BigBallin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor
the switch panel is awesome BUT just remember there is a relay box that goes under the hood for connections to relays. Install may be tricky. The switches from ford are very low amp rating. You also would need the relay box, any brackets & wire harness. The F150 is set same way....relay and light connections are all under hood.
So you run the power wires to the engine bay and not to the switch?

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I just want the little fender flares because nobody makes a fender flare less that an inch wide...I think my truck would look "off" with even the narrowest flare which is about 2" wide. (my tires/wheels sit flush with the fender)

New wheels front.jpg

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
So you run the power wires to the engine bay and not to the switch?
Yup. The wires from the relay to the switch and back to the relay use very little power and all the "big power" stays at the relay.
Sponsored