Tremor Aux Switch Panel - No power

Mostly Harmless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CG Tremor
I'm attempting to hook up LEDs to AUX switch 6 but can't get power out of the lead (yellow/orange). Car on/off, switch on or off, I can't get 12v out of the wire. I tried the blue/orange wire from switch 5 and the same thing. I hope I'm just doing something. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

HarryManback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I believe the truck has to actually be running for those to be enabled, not just turned on. Mine were as simple as you expect, the switches provide 12V to the wires in the engine bay, nothing extra needed. Maybe double check that your fuses are seated properly?

I'm currently using switches 3, 4, and 5 and they were all on the wires I expected them to be.

OP
OP
Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CG Tremor
I believe the truck has to actually be running for those to be enabled, not just turned on. Mine were as simple as you expect, the switches provide 12V to the wires in the engine bay, nothing extra needed. Maybe double check that your fuses are seated properly?

I'm currently using switches 3, 4, and 5 and they were all on the wires I expected them to be.

Got it working, wiggling the relays solved the issue, thanks!

Rebel13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ranger tremor
Occupation
Truck driver
Got it working, wiggling the relays solved the issue, thanks!
Hey everyone. I have a 22 tremor as well and just tried wiring back up lights under the bumper to the switches too and absolutely no power to the wires coming out of the auxiliary fuse box. Tested for power at the fuses and relays and all good. However the relays 2 small posts aren't getting any current at all. So is there a harness plug somewhere between the switches and the input side of the fuse box that might be disconnected/forgotten from the factory? Only thing that makes sense to me due to none of the leads have power yet all else checks out

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Hey everyone. I have a 22 tremor as well and just tried wiring back up lights under the bumper to the switches too and absolutely no power to the wires coming out of the auxiliary fuse box. Tested for power at the fuses and relays and all good. However the relays 2 small posts aren't getting any current at all. So is there a harness plug somewhere between the switches and the input side of the fuse box that might be disconnected/forgotten from the factory? Only thing that makes sense to me due to none of the leads have power yet all else checks out

This came up for another Tremor owner. If you look at your manual there is a fuse panel underneath the engine compartment fuse box. Make sure the aux panel fuse is installed from the factory.

Rebel13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ranger tremor
Occupation
Truck driver
This came up for another Tremor owner. If you look at your manual there is a fuse panel underneath the engine compartment fuse box. Make sure the aux panel fuse is installed from the factory.
Wouldn't it have to be installed to even have power to the auxiliary fuse box at all? Cause when I tested all the fuses and relays in that box all had juice but nothing from the leads. So thinking something isn't connected to be all leads or switches are all bad. Not sure.

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Do the internal switches light up? Low power is sent from there to each relay. They should be blue (off) and amber (on).

With the ignition in the "on" position and testing each switch you should get power on and off at each fuse. Check blown fuses. Check bad relay.

If power activates and deactivates at each fuse then check the leads coming out of the bottom of the aux fuse box and make sure they are seated well in each fuse position.

If you have power at the relay for the switches but no main power then check the main fuse under the engine compartment fuse panel.

Rebel13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ranger tremor
Occupation
Truck driver
Power is on at the fuses and switches light up but not letting any power at the small ports for the relays and none of the wires coming out of fuse box have power. Tested all of them. Called the dealer and he's saying some kind of disconnect from dash to the relays.
Sponsored