Tremor 2” level from ford ranger lifts.

codestp202

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Anyone talking about trying to skip removing the axle nut and pushing out the axle. Don't. Just get a 35mm socket and take the extra 45 seconds to remove the axle nut and push out the axle.

So many horror stories about people popping their cv joints on the rangers doing the install the way Stage 3 does where they just pry down on the control arm. I did a bilstein 2.5" lift a week ago and removing the axle nut and pushing it out was one of the easiest parts of the job. Way easier than separating the ball joints ect. This is one of those times it's not worth taking a short cut as replacing the cv's after just trying to do a level kit would be such a kick in the nuts.

Note, I really like stage 3's videos and I have bought a couple things from them- but I do not like how they skip that step and don't warn people in the video.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone talking about trying to skip removing the axle nut and pushing out the axle. Don't. Just get a 35mm socket and take the extra 45 seconds to remove the axle nut and push out the axle.

So many horror stories about people popping their cv joints on the rangers doing the install the way Stage 3 does where they just pry down on the control arm. I did a bilstein 2.5" lift a week ago and removing the axle nut and pushing it out was one of the easiest parts of the job. Way easier than separating the ball joints ect. This is one of those times it's not worth taking a short cut as replacing the cv's after just trying to do a level kit would be such a kick in the nuts.

Note, I really like stage 3's videos and I have bought a couple things from them- but I do not like how they skip that step and don't warn people in the video.
What is the torque spec when you put the nut back on? Vehicles I have pulled CV axles on in the past have had specs for the axle nut in the 200 ft-lbs range.

Advertisement

Advertisement