First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Supervisor Lockheed Martin
So Monday my wife and I were driving through town and I noticed when I stopped and it did the auto shut off thing it jolted a lot more than before. Enough that it shakes the entire truck pretty hard. I turned off auto start and when I stopped it jolted when I took off. It’s acting like neutral? Is becoming a problem. It is shifting smooth through all gears just not when I come to a complete stop. Has anyone had this problem in their ranger before? Other than the two mild trails I took in Colorado two weeks ago this truck hasn’t left pavement and this just popped up this week. I’m going to call the dealership tomorrow but I’m sure they will give me hell because of the lift and 33’s.
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So Monday my wife and I were driving through town and I noticed when I stopped and it did the auto shut off thing it jolted a lot more than before. Enough that it shakes the entire truck pretty hard. I turned off auto start and when I stopped it jolted when I took off. It’s acting like neutral? Is becoming a problem. It is shifting smooth through all gears just not when I come to a complete stop. Has anyone had this problem in their ranger before? Other than the two mild trails I took in Colorado two weeks ago this truck hasn’t left pavement and this just popped up this week. I’m going to call the dealership tomorrow but I’m sure they will give me hell because of the lift and 33’s.
Hi Josh,

Most likely is the slip yolk on the driveshaft needs to be lubed. Let the Dealer do this unless you are a DYI person. Most folks with this concern have had the driveshaft slip yolk lubed more effectively and it stops the problem

Good Luck!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
If memory serves, there is a TSB on this issue.
Sponsored