First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XL loaded
Occupation
stuff
anyone have a page with these values? the factory manual here in the sight has a link for the transfer case but when you unzip, everything is 0 bytes.....
Sponsored

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
anyone have a page with these values? the factory manual here in the sight has a link for the transfer case but when you unzip, everything is 0 bytes.....
I don't know the specs for Ford Ranger but for my other vehicles I use about 20-25 ft lbs. They just need to be snug enough to not leak.

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
Looked it up on the forum and found a guy who had the same issue with you and tq'd it using the rear diff tq spec with no issue (20ft-lb)

as a comparison the f150 raptor the rear diff fill is 22lb-ft and the listed tq for the transfer case fill/drain is 133in-lb (11ft-lb), id like to venture and say theyre similar, but i cant say for sure.

They both use the 10r80, but not sure on t-case similarity.

Could technically find the tq by using a tq wrench and slowly increase the tq to see what turns it.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Probably 10lbs...it felt like the aluminum threads would strip with ease if I'd kept going...

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
German spec works just fine for me
I've had bad results from my "goodantight" German torque wrench. Something like those plugs snug is good enough for me, I just check it a few days later for signs of leaking.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I've had bad results from my "goodantight" German torque wrench. Something like those plugs snug is good enough for me, I just check it a few days later for signs of leaking.
Really depends on what bolts and how far your "Goodantight" is if you ask me. Some don't know where to stop and keep going. Others stop way to early and have big problems.....

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Really depends on what bolts and how far your "Goodantight" is if you ask me. Some don't know where to stop and keep going. Others stop way to early and have big problems.....
I figure anything that takes a 1/2" or larger socket can handle more than I can dish out at my age.

Bravohook

First Name
Addame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Sheepdog
I use the German spec sheet values of Gudentite

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
I worked on Hyundais for too long with their recycled metal crap bolts to rely on feel alone. I like my electric torque wrench. The warning beeps as you get close then the screaming when you reach it is nice IMO.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I worked on Hyundais for too long with their recycled metal crap bolts to rely on feel alone. I like my electric torque wrench. The warning beeps as you get close then the screaming when you reach it is nice IMO.
There is a reason why KIA Hyundai are piles of junk

OP
OP

silverflash

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XL loaded
Occupation
stuff
I used the same 1/2" Rachet with the hex bit to snug just a hair. Went back with torque wrench and it clicked at 18 ft lbs. So not sure if the drain and fill plugs are too tight or not. If I had to guess I'd say low to mid 20s. Thought abt loosening them and using the torque wrench for the whole thing but then the washers need replaced I guess and that's a problem with the drain plug as I'd lose all my new fluid. Thoughts? Let it ride or undo them and retorque using same washers?
Sponsored