Ranger Vehicle Visibility Requests Megathread

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Can I request you check one last time on mine. Won't bug you again. I am having my dealer track but they seem to be having some issues and calling Ford wasn't very productive as I already knew. Should never have called - just made me angry.

I've been told it is on a truck as rail is difficult to the Twin Cites due to flooding

1FTER4FH5KLA30385

Thanks
Sponsored

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
Traveling through Kansas City, Kansas.
Great, thanks much. Seems to be making appropriate progress to be on track for a mid-May delivery.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST 2018 F150 Lariat
Can I request you check one last time on mine. Won't bug you again. I am having my dealer track but they seem to be having some issues and calling Ford wasn't very productive as I already knew. Should never have called - just made me angry.

I've been told it is on a truck as rail is difficult to the Twin Cites due to flooding

1FTER4FH5KLA30385

Thanks
I don't see any movement since March 21st.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I don't see any movement since March 21st.
Jeez!!! Can you make something up to make me feel better?

I do appreciate the information more than you can know. I am truly getting tired of Ford or the dealer being unable to explain this. Dealer told me yesterday that due to the flooding around here they put it on a convoy and it is on his way. I requested proof of this movement by having them provide the shipping company name and a freight bill or whatever it is called. I’m not upset with the dealer (maybe I should be) but am very disappointed in Ford for not being able to make it easy to get answers.

Thank you again.

Mark

Retire003

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Jeez!!! Can you make something up to make me feel better?

I do appreciate the information more than you can know. I am truly getting tired of Ford or the dealer being unable to explain this. Dealer told me yesterday that due to the flooding around here they put it on a convoy and it is on his way. I requested proof of this movement by having them provide the shipping company name and a freight bill or whatever it is called. I’m not upset with the dealer (maybe I should be) but am very disappointed in Ford for not being able to make it easy to get answers.

Thank you again.

Mark
I feel your pain. Based upon my recent experience my suggestion is to escalate it within the dealer to the highest level there locally or their Corporate offices. That is actually who you are buying the truck from. The Ford rep made it very clear to me that my transaction was with the dealer and there was nothing they could/would do in my situation. Good luck.

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I feel your pain. Based upon my recent experience my suggestion is to escalate it within the dealer to the highest level there locally or their Corporate offices. That is actually who you are buying the truck from. The Ford rep made it very clear to me that my transaction was with the dealer and there was nothing they could/would do in my situation. Good luck.
I hear what you are saying and thanks for the suggestion.

I did speak with my dealer and they said that until the truck is in their lot it is owned by Ford. Ford told me exactly what they told you but I would say there is nothing they “WOULD DO” to help me out. If they took the time and cared, they would have an answer.

Follow the bouncing ball.......

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Just got an update from the dealer. Due to the unusual amount of snow and rain here in MN, the place where the trains unload has been flooded causing normal deliveries. They promised me no damage to the Ranger but I was also not given a new delivery date. I hope that my Ranger isn’t at the back of the list being unable to reliever it. Hopefully they can ship right away now that the water levels have diminished.

Still not a happy camper but what can I do.

Retire003

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I hear what you are saying and thanks for the suggestion.

I did speak with my dealer and they said that until the truck is in their lot it is owned by Ford. Ford told me exactly what they told you but I would say there is nothing they “WOULD DO” to help me out. If they took the time and cared, they would have an answer.

Follow the bouncing ball.......
I agree its owned by Ford but the only ones to wield any leverage with Ford is the dealer. The dealer pays Ford. The end customer pays the dealer. Keep pushing for the tracking info and don't let the dealer off the hook. Make them prove its in transit. Not sure this is their fault but make them give you satisfactory answers.

Retire003

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Just got an update from the dealer. Due to the unusual amount of snow and rain here in MN, the place where the trains unload has been flooded causing normal deliveries. They promised me no damage to the Ranger but I was also not given a new delivery date. I hope that my Ranger isn’t at the back of the list being unable to reliever it. Hopefully they can ship right away now that the water levels have diminished.

Glad you got at least some information. Good luck.

Tommy Oberon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-Max
Vehicle Showcase
Shows my truck delivery in 3 days but says it hasn’t shipped. Dealer won’t call me back. Ford site says delivery on 20th. @Pioneer74 can you tell if it has shipped yet or on a truck? I live 100 miles from the plant 1FTER4FH8KLA37699

Last edited:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

This is what I'm seeing.

Capture.JPG

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shows my truck delivery in 3 days but says it hasn’t shipped. Dealer won’t call me back. Ford site says delivery on 20th. @Pioneer74 can you tell if it has shipped yet or on a truck? I live 100 miles from the plant 1FTER4FH8KLA37699
No movement yet, but it shouldn't take too long to get to Battle Creek.

Capture.JPG

Tommy Oberon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-Max
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer finally called me back and said it will be two more weeks. I think they don’t have a clue. I’ve had three salesmen since ordering the truck because their turnover is so high. Ford site says three days so I guess I will see who’s right. My dealership is a joke but they are all I have close to me.
Sponsored