Ranger Vehicle Visibility Requests Megathread

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
@Pioneer74, been checking out my Window Sticker and it has stayed on 4/8/2019 for the past week and updated to 4/15/2019 today. Could I get you to check one more time? Won't bother you again. I tried to get my dealer to give me a location/status update as well as asked him a couple other questions and couldn't get him to give me an update.

1FTER1FH6KLA24870
Sponsored

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
This has now become a comedy/tragedy. Just heard this morning the reason for delay from rail yard to dealer is the truck has been damaged. Waiting to hear where/how much damage. Fingers crossed its not major.
Meanwhile tracker, after counting down to 1, has now increased a day since Saturday. Now showing 3 days to delivery.
that really sucks. I was just searching local inventory and there are a lot of XTL's and very few Lariats. Maybe your dealer can find something identical to your build locally from another dealer. Was it as the Phoenix yard?

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
This has now become a comedy/tragedy. Just heard this morning the reason for delay from rail yard to dealer is the truck has been damaged. Waiting to hear where/how much damage. Fingers crossed its not major.
Meanwhile tracker, after counting down to 1, has now increased a day since Saturday. Now showing 3 days to delivery.
How did you hear your Ranger was damaged? This is my fear as well. Mine has been sitting at the railyard for almost 4 weeks with no movement. Curious how you found out.

Mark

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
How did you hear your Ranger was damaged? This is my fear as well. Mine has been sitting at the railyard for almost 4 weeks with no movement. Curious how you found out.

Mark
4 weeks? my god. did your dealer call about this? someone needs to personally follow this through. that is completely unacceptable.

Retire003

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT

Mark
Called trucking company myself when it wasn't delivered to dealer as expected. Dispatch told me. That's when I found out they only talk to dealers ( who is party to the transaction). He offered no further info after that.

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase
I tracked the car carrier that had my truck on it, they show delivered as of 2:06 today. Just waiting for the dealer to call me with the good news
Go get it! I had to call my dealer to tell him it was on its way. Then when I got there after work he still had no idea it was on his lot. I had to tell him it was delivered. Then we drove around the lot and found it.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Go get it! I had to call my dealer to tell him it was on its way. Then when I got there after work he still had no idea it was on his lot. I had to tell him it was delivered. Then we drove around the lot and found it.
That is awesome. We are more on top of the process than they are.

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
So in another post I said I am an imperfect person and today I proved it. I have been trying to find out what the heck is happening with my Ranger. It was built on 3/14 and has been at the rail yard since 3/24. I've called both Ford and the dealer but can't get any other information other than "it's in transit". Dealer called me today and they said they think it is on a truck but not sure. I believe they are trying but the lack of information is killing me.

I called Ford today to find out what is going on. Absolutely no help at all. Elevated my question to a supervisor who was even less help (and a real jerk - got his name and employee number but don't know where to go next). I was pissed off to no end. I kept asking how none has any information to share? Got the same non answer from everyone. I am not buying Ford's response that they can't do any better than "it's in transit" If it wasn't for the gentleman here who has helped many of us, I would have no idea what's going on. How come some have helpful information and Ford doesn't. I can track an Uber ride by the block they are on. Same with my pizza delivery. I can track any shipment from Amazon to exactly where it is at any time. I ship many things at work that are way more valuable than the Ranger and I can let my customers know anytime where it is at any given time. If I didn't provide this info, I would be loosing many customers. Why is it so darn hard for Ford.

I am so sick and tired of no information that I am seriously considering cancelling my order and buying a pick up off the lot somewhere. It won't be a Ford which is a shame. My Grandpa worked for Ford. I grew up with Fords?. My first vehicle was a Ford. My daughter drives a Ford. My wife's last two vehicles were Fords.. I've personally owned a few Fords that have provided me years of joy. This experience has soured me on Ford as no one seems to care and I can't get an answer to what should be a very simple question.

Any suggestions? And thank you for letting me vent.

Mark

Pat McGrath

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4X4 XLT Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
Well tracker updated from 19 days left until delivery to delivered. I knew it was delivered by the delivery receipt that was available via VIN# on the carriers website. My salesman has yet to get back to me when I sent him an email around 6:00 to tell him my truck was delivered at 2:06. Anyway I will set up to pick it up Wednesday. Yahoo the wait is over!!!!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
So in another post I said I am an imperfect person and today I proved it. I have been trying to find out what the heck is happening with my Ranger. It was built on 3/14 and has been at the rail yard since 3/24. I've called both Ford and the dealer but can't get any other information other than "it's in transit". Dealer called me today and they said they think it is on a truck but not sure. I believe they are trying but the lack of information is killing me.

I called Ford today to find out what is going on. Absolutely no help at all. Elevated my question to a supervisor who was even less help (and a real jerk - got his name and employee number but don't know where to go next). I was pissed off to no end. I kept asking how none has any information to share? Got the same non answer from everyone. I am not buying Ford's response that they can't do any better than "it's in transit" If it wasn't for the gentleman here who has helped many of us, I would have no idea what's going on. How come some have helpful information and Ford doesn't. I can track an Uber ride by the block they are on. Same with my pizza delivery. I can track any shipment from Amazon to exactly where it is at any time. I ship many things at work that are way more valuable than the Ranger and I can let my customers know anytime where it is at any given time. If I didn't provide this info, I would be loosing many customers. Why is it so darn hard for Ford.

I am so sick and tired of no information that I am seriously considering cancelling my order and buying a pick up off the lot somewhere. It won't be a Ford which is a shame. My Grandpa worked for Ford. I grew up with Fords?. My first vehicle was a Ford. My daughter drives a Ford. My wife's last two vehicles were Fords.. I've personally owned a few Fords that have provided me years of joy. This experience has soured me on Ford as no one seems to care and I can't get an answer to what should be a very simple question.

Mark
I know how frustrating it is, but as one who just recently received their truck, if you can hold out, it will be worth the wait. I absolutely LOVE this truck. I can't ever remember enjoying a new vehicle this much - EVER. And I've owned quite a few new vehicles. Driving this truck just makes me smile.

Ford really knocked it out of the park with this - no, it isn't perfect (the back seat), but it is an AWESOME truck, and you won't be sorry if you can be patient.

I completely agree on the tracking - it seems so odd we can track trivial things and yet getting any kind of accurate location on an expensive truck seems to be near impossible. The other explanation would be that they DO know where it is, but don't want to tell you for some reason (damage?).

Hang in there - I'm sure yours will show up soon.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Well tracker updated from 19 days left until delivery to delivered. I knew it was delivered by the delivery receipt that was available via VIN# on the carriers website. My salesman has yet to get back to me when I sent him an email around 6:00 to tell him my truck was delivered at 2:06. Anyway I will set up to pick it up Wednesday. Yahoo the wait is over!!!!
Congrats - make sure to post a photo when you pick it up. And let us know how you like it.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord

Mark
I can so relate to your situation. I ordered my truck on 11/13 and it was built on 2/9 it stayed at the plant until last week. The latest estimated delivery date is 5/2. I’ve gone through every negative emotion imaginable over my order. Finally, I came to realize, I want the truck I ordered and the Ford people have little personal investment in my purchase. As soon as I take delivery of my truck I will have little personal interest in dealing with or even remembering them.

People who have got their trucks are raving about them. I am not going to let a few mediocre employees keep me from getting the truck I want. Hang tight, I think you’ll be glad you did.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Ric , I can tell you that AZ is getting trucks this week. So, maybe in a couple of ? CA will get trucks. Now that I have mine I can say wait it out then you will say "wow it is nice."

Reactions: Ric

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST 2018 F150 Lariat
@Pioneer74, been checking out my Window Sticker and it has stayed on 4/8/2019 for the past week and updated to 4/15/2019 today. Could I get you to check one more time? Won't bother you again. I tried to get my dealer to give me a location/status update as well as asked him a couple other questions and couldn't get him to give me an update.

1FTER1FH6KLA24870
Traveling through Kansas City, Kansas.
Sponsored