First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘05 Jeep TJ & ‘19 JLU; ‘19 Ranger Lariat; Charger
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
Did not mean for that to come off rude sorry I just never really paid much attention to gas mileage
No worries. Didn't take it badly. I certainly understand that the fuel mileage issue for the most part is a non-issue (particularly on the Jeep Forum), but I'm one of those curious guys that likes to see and try different things, hence why I went with the TOYOs this time around. Understandably, I expect some tires to be worse than others, but sometimes they will surprise you. I think one of the other factors is that different drivers encounter different situations, that is, tire type, tire pressure, vehicle lifts, weather, speed, traffic, etc. Can be difficult sometimes to try and account for it all.

Be safe, stay healthy everyone.

Bronco unveil tomorrow night!

Steve
Sponsored

mobilemike01

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
I don’t have a ton of miles on them yet, but haven’t noticed any substantial road noise or weird handling. I live in FL so they have seen plenty of rain and wet roads and no issues there either.

No off-roading or mud yet, so I can’t speak on how well they would preform in those scenarios.

I love the look of these, especially over stock. These with the level and 1.5” spacers make the truck look “right”. Like they should come from the factory IMO.

21207E09-0632-4512-BEA4-FB2C2FC95E6D.jpeg

SknyGny

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
No worries. Didn't take it badly. I certainly understand that the fuel mileage issue for the most part is a non-issue (particularly on the Jeep Forum), but I'm one of those curious guys that likes to see and try different things, hence why I went with the TOYOs this time around. Understandably, I expect some tires to be worse than others, but sometimes they will surprise you. I think one of the other factors is that different drivers encounter different situations, that is, tire type, tire pressure, vehicle lifts, weather, speed, traffic, etc. Can be difficult sometimes to try and account for it all.

Be safe, stay healthy everyone.

Bronco unveil tomorrow night!

Steve
Waiting for the bronco might have to trade in the Ranger LOL

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
What tire pressure is everyone running in their LT-E Toyos?

CharChar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4

OP
OP
DrPerez007

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘05 Jeep TJ & ‘19 JLU; ‘19 Ranger Lariat; Charger
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
I don’t have a ton of miles on them yet, but haven’t noticed any substantial road noise or weird handling. I live in FL so they have seen plenty of rain and wet roads and no issues there either.

No off-roading or mud yet, so I can’t speak on how well they would preform in those scenarios.

I love the look of these, especially over stock. These with the level and 1.5” spacers make the truck look “right”. Like they should come from the factory IMO.

Mobile Mike, what lift do you have on this and what size tires?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi CC,

Is 60 psi a manufacturer recommendation? Really seems quite high inflation.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

CharChar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4
Hi CC,

Is 60 psi a manufacturer recommendation? Really seems quite high inflation.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Load range E is 80psi max. I always ran my 3/4 ton at 75, but I figured since this truck is so much lighter 60 seemed more appropriate to avoid uneven tire wear.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer

Attachments

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
So, my experience is so far limited to driving home. But for what its worth...
I went with the E range, and can notice the stiffness. I actually prefer it, as i felt like the truck is a little to "hyper" up front. Tread depth is significantly more, which was my main reason for upgrading. But the road noise is substantially louder. Plenty of clearance on stock suspension.
I've had Cooper AT3's on 3 straight vehicles and have had great luck with them. These look a step more aggressive, which is why i chose them. Previously had BFBoodrich AT's, which are a substantial step down. Going turkey hunting next week, so i can report back with interstate + offroad impressions then.

IMG_3600.jpeg

IMG_3601.jpeg

IMG_3602.jpeg
How did you get white lettering on your tires. All of the other Toyo AT3 tires I have seen have been all black. Is it simply an option you ask for?

Your Tires look great. I now always choose Toyo for my winter tires.

CharChar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4
How did you get white lettering on your tires. All of the other Toyo AT3 tires I have seen have been all black. Is it simply an option you ask for?

Your Tires look great. I now always choose Toyo for my winter tires.
When i ordered them, there was an option.
They have been so good. I still cant recommend them enough!

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport

21207E09-0632-4512-BEA4-FB2C2FC95E6D.jpeg
Great looking tire and truck!

You mention road noise was not a big issue for your tires. On another post on this thread, it was mention E rated tires are noisier than C rated tires. What rating are your tires?
Sponsored