First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
Yesterday in Childress, TX. We stopped for burgers. And, a better shot taken on the Texas coast to show how well the Ranger's Ingot paint matches up with the Bay Star's color scheme.

Bay Star and Ranger.jpg

Ranger and Bay Star 1.jpg
That was our deciding factor. I loved so many colors and couldn't decide on which one. We went with what matched the MH best!
Sponsored

RoadtripsOfUnusualSize

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Formerly owner of an Ingot FX4
Occupation
Retired
Our motorhome is spending the night at a KOA in Amarillo tonight. Pulling in next to me was a very nice couple from Florida in a motorhome pulling a Ranger. We hit it off quickly and shared stories and opinions on the Ranger as a Toad. He was as enthusiastic as I am. Rangers are hard to spot on the road; they're harder to spot behind motorhomes. To have one pull up next to you is unheard of. Cool!
You guys will never believe it. The very next night, different park in a different state, motorhome 2 sites down is towing a black Ranger XLT. Super nice guy.

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
On our way to Manistee MI for three nights. I was concerned about the Tremor's weight with the bike rack and heavier hybrid bikes but we came in at just about 4900 and that was with a few things in the bed that could've/should've gone into our MH instead.

1627433005403.png

RoadtripsOfUnusualSize

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
You guys will never believe it. The very next night, different park in a different state, motorhome 2 sites down is towing a black Ranger XLT. Super nice guy.
It happened again today. I was driving between Albuquerque and Santa Fe and passed a Newmar diesel-pusher towing a Ranger. That's three incidents in a single week. I think the word is out on Rangers as towed vehicles.

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
It happened again today. I was driving between Albuquerque and Santa Fe and passed a Newmar diesel-pusher towing a Ranger. That's three incidents in a single week. I think the word is out on Rangers as towed vehicles.
You will not believe this, but we were up in Manistee, Michigan on a 3-day getaway this week and a car rolls by as I'm loading up the bikes. He stops and says, "Wondering if you know what the curb weight is on your Tremor"! First of all, he knew right away the difference between a standard Ranger and the Tremor package. Second of all, he was obviously interested in towing it!

We (naturally) chatted for a good five minutes, where I discovered he and his wife are in a 2018 Bounder and were (like us) concerned about staying under the 5000 pound hitch rating. I have a feeling there are plenty more Ranger-toads to come. ?

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Anyone with a Roadmaster Invisibrake want to share a pic of what you did with the vacuum line to the booster? I know which line to cut to insert the one way valve and 'T' fitting but I have never encountered these odd size hard plastic lines with what looks like clampless heat shrunk ends. Did you just cut and insert the valve? seems a fitment issue to me, or did you just remove that hard plastic lime and replace it with an old school rubber vacuum hose, which is much easier to work with. I have everything else wired, tested, and finished, been putting this off pending information.

Followup!! OK, got it done, by the way, PVC pipe cutters sure make a clean cut on the hard vac lines. :)

Last edited:

RoadtripsOfUnusualSize

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I had my closest call this week. Our Class A motorhome was moving south and approaching Houston on I-45. Here, I was taking the offramp to 610 East. Well, the 610 ramp splits here--East (me) to the left and West to the right. This driver decided at the last minute to switch from West to East in front of me. When I'm towing the Ranger, my displacement is about 26,000 pounds and my total rig is just over 55 feet long. When I've got a head of steam up, I cannot stop quickly. My dash cam saw this:

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I had my closest call this week. I was moving south and approaching Houston on I-45. Here, I was taking the offramp to 610 East. Well, the 610 ramp splits here--East (me) to the left and West to the right. This driver decided at the last minute to switch from West to East in front of me. When I'm towing the Ranger, my displacement is about 26,000 pounds and my total rig is just over 55 feet long. When I've got a head of steam up, I cannot stop quickly.
Shaken, not stirred.

I drive Toronto’s notorious 401 highway often - it’s a bit like Talladega at times. Why is it “always” someone in a small Sentra, Civic, Corolla, or Elantra who drives this way?

RoadtripsOfUnusualSize

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Shaken, not stirred.

Why is it “always” someone in a small Sentra, Civic, Corolla, or Elantra who drives this way?
We would have looked huge to them. They shot over that curb directly in front of us. That took a big dose of stupidity to do that. We'd have squashed them like a bug.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
We would have looked huge to them. They shot over that curb directly in front of us. That took a big dose of stupidity to do that. We'd have squashed them like a bug.
Um, at 55 ft, you ARE huge.

What flashes before a bug’s eyes when it hits the windshield?

Last edited:

mark_anderson_us

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software Developer
Hi Folks,

Just towed my Ranger behind our Diesel pusher motor home. Tucson area to Prescott on back roads. Ranger worked perfectly! Toe base plates from Roadmaster. Wiring of brake lights and turn signals worked as planned too! whew!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Company. Retired
How hard is the install?

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
every time i think of towing a ranger behind the rv i think of the member here who had his catch fire and burn to a crisp... :crying:

Mr Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Occupation
Retired
I'm installing a NSA Ready Brake Elite tow bar and surge brake on my 2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 and I thought I would share a couple of photos on were I'm drilling the holes through the fire wall. I had the system on my Jeep for 8 years and love how simple it is. I have items on order that I didn't remove from the jeep or are unique to the Ranger so I cant start the install for a couple of weeks yet but I did drill a test hole to verify the install location. The first photo is with the drivers side wheel removed. I drilled a small test hole and pushed a wire rod in the hole to see where it would come out.
20220716_124100A.jpg

Here's where it came out. Looks like a good spot.
20220716_123812A.jpg

There isn't much room inside the engine compartment so this is a very easy way to get the cable through the fire wall.

I haven't decided how to attach the cable at the front of the truck yet. Not a lot to attach too. This is how I did it on the Jeep. I used a ATV style snatch block to run a 90 deg turn on the cable wire. Worked great.
20160403_110337.jpg

I'll post more when I start the install an a couple weeks.
Sponsored